A business based near Scarborough is currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team on a maternity cover contract basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established Finance Team, which has amazing culture and a competitive benefits package. The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary of up to £30,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications), as well as 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, friendly, modern offices, attractive, Monday to Friday working hours and further.
Although this is not a traditional temp-to-perm role, permanent opportunities may arise in the business that this individual will be considered for.
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk you will work as part of the Finance Team, primarily focussing on accounts payable processing and wider duties. Key responsibilities of the Purchase Ledger will include:
- Bookkeeping duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the Purchase Ledger function including processing invoices and credit notes and assisting with payment runs
- Daily processing of supplier invoices and respective payments
- Dealing with supplier queries and correspondences
- Ledger reconciliation and reporting
- Working as part of a team to ensure all department objectives are achieved
- Other ad hoc duties, as directed by the Financial Controller, to support the wider team
To be successful in this Purchase Ledger Clerk role, you will ideally have/be:
- Working knowledge and experience of accountancy software such Sage, Quickbooks or Xero, as well as MS Excel
- Experience in AP processing, preparation of management accounts, fixed assets and VAT etc.
- Experience of working within a finance team implementing new software and processes would be an advantage, but not essential
- Studying or AAT qualified, or have equivalent experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a new opportunity, who ideally has some exposure to a similar role already. This role would also be ideal for somebody who is currently studying or is AAT qualified (or equivalent study/experience). You may currently be a Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Sales Ledger Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Payable Clerk, Assistant Accountant or Finance Officer who is looking for a new challenge.
Based in Scarborough, this role is commutable from Bridlington, Filey, Hummanby, Whitby, Malton and surrounding areas, with onsite parking available.
If you are interested in this Purchase Ledger Clerk role or would like more information, please apply now.
Castle Employment Agency is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.