Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine - ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high-growth businesses that fuel the economy - and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them. We’ll broaden your horizons
Working, achieving, and thriving together, our Tax team move with every challenge. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service our clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across BDO to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients’ evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you’re after a career that will keep you on your toes, we’ll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
Tax is a dynamic, ever-changing industry. As our clients’ needs and the regulatory environment evolve, you’ll encounter new problems to solve and new opportunities for growth. Whether it’s advising clients on high-profile specialisms like Corporation Tax or leading the implementation of intelligent technology solutions, you’ll enjoy variety as well as stretch in your role.
BDO supports all kinds of different businesses in different sectors across the UK and around the world.
You’ll be providing Tax Advisory services to start-ups and scale-ups, to private businesses and FTSE listed multinationals. Each of our clients has different needs and in applying your expertise in different contexts, you’ll develop your skills and gain valuable experience that will serve you throughout your career. We’ll help you succeed
Leading organisations trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with them and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who is both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with senior managers, directors, and BDO’s partners to help businesses effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to organisations we work with.
Our Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions Tax team works with a range of clients, from entrepreneurial start-ups to recognised high street names and global corporations. We offer services including tax strategy and governance, tax technology, banking and insurance, diligence, tax structuring and more. So, there’s plenty of variety from one day to the next.
Whether building great relationships with clients or colleagues, you’ll be supported by a team that brings out the best in you. Responsibilities:
- This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients. The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients.
- Provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis. A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
- Provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients using resource from a shared service team or via technology tools.
- Manage a substantial portfolio of clients including control of client take on and engagement, billings, and identification of opportunities to improve recoveries, together with cash collection.
- Pays attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice.
- Develops professional relationships with clients and within the Firm and adapts the approach for the relevant audience.
- Understands potential risks to the Firm in relation to the Firm’s quality control procedures and raising to the appropriate person.
- Support, train, mentor and advise more junior colleagues.
- Challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change.
- Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
- Lead complex projects
We’re looking for someone with:
- An in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation with specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- In depth knowledge of tax accounting and audit of tax for groups
- Develops professional relationships with clients and within the Firm and adapts the approach for the relevant audience
- Understands potential risks to the Firm in relation to the Firm’s quality control procedures and raising to the appropriate person
- Project and staff management experience
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably whilst being able to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing with client senior management
- Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area
- Challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development. We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO. We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.