At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne. The role:
As an Analyst in the Billing and Credit Control team, you’ll be responsible for a range of operational processes that support the administration of contracts and the calculation and issue of invoices. As you build experience in the role, you can expect to also support a wider range of processes, including producing invoices and raising corrective credits and debits.
Current processes are high-touch and manual today, so this role places a premium on attention to detail and timely delivery of business-critical month-end tasks. We are in the midst of replacing our billing system, and overhauling our pricing structure for invoiced merchants, so we’re looking for additional capacity through this period of change. What excites you: Billing Administration
- Billing Ticket Management - Respond to and resolve billing/contractual queries
- Carry out billing reconciliations
- Set up and manage Merchant records on our billing systems
- Ensure your allotted tasks of the month-end close process are completed, timely and accurately
- Perform quality control and audit tasks to ensure merchant records are correct, contracts are set up accurately and invoices are generated as expected
- Create and distribute various billing reports
What excites us:
- Ensure all new contracts are ready to be billed in time for the monthly bill run
- Own the creation of new Merchant records for Billing, ensuring 100% accuracy at all times
- Liaising closely with our Sales Operations and Legal teams, to ensure all customer and contract data is accurately shown on Salesforce and SpringCM/DocuSign
- Carrying out Merchant and Contract reconciliations between SalesForce, Billing Platform and Product
- Support the Billing Manager in various tasks needed for the implementation and management of the new Billing Platform
- Experience in billing and are very customer service orientated
- A self-starter who can work with minimal guidance
- Numerically strong with excellent commercial skills
- An understanding of financial contracts and fees
- A confident communicator, both verbally and in writing, who enjoys working with a wide range of people
- Confident using and building Excel / Google Sheets
- Prior experience using invoicing software (e.g. Billing Platform) and SalesForce is a bonus but not required
€1800 - €2100 monthly (Gross)
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply. (some of) The good stuff
Life at GoCardless
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity -all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave -to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why
before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We make it happen
, working with urgency and taking personal accountability for getting things done. We act with integrity
, always. We care deeply
about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble
whilst we do it. Our Values form part of the GoCardless DNA, and are used to not only help us nurture and develop our culture, but to deliver impactful work that will help us to achieve our vision. Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023; 42% identify as women 28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other 9% identify as LGBTQIA+ 9% identify as neurodiverse 2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report Sustainability
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.