As a Finance Manager
with Sodexo based at Royal Stoke University Hospital
you are a skilled negotiator and a strong communicator with the ability to drive financial performance. You will be responsible for accurate and efficient financial and management information, supporting the Royal Stoke & Haywood Soft FM + Hard Services with a variety of finance functions. This is a great opportunity to join a world leading food and facilities management company which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. You will need to demonstrate excellent organisation and time efficiency. You will be operationally focused, a robust finance professional who is forward-thinking and dynamic in your approach to finance. This will suit someone focused on delivering a rigorous control environment. If you have previous relevant experience and qualifications, strong organisational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with different departments, we would love to hear from you. This role is Mon - Fri 40hours pw week and is site based. Join us and be part of something greater. You belong in a team where you can act with purpose and thrive in your own way.Main ResponsibilitiesWhat you'll do:
- Delivering monthly financial results with detailed variance analysis, accurate forecasts and clear reporting to stakeholders within key Healthcare deadlines
- Play a key part in creation of annual budgets and maintaining a robust forecasting process across the remit
- Manage and develop the onsite Finance team to realise their full potential and provide robust financial support to the site operational team.
- Identification of process efficiencies
- Support the finance team to maintain an accurate ledger
- Support the Commercial Financial Controller with a robust process in place to facilitate the timely collection of debt
- To support the Commercial Financial Controller through a variety of ad hoc tasks focused around the identification and analysis of site performance metrics
For a full list of responsibilities please view the attached job description The Ideal CandidateWhat you bringEssential
- Qualified or part-Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) or QBE
- Strong communicator with the confidence and capability of challenging Operational Managers and ensuring adherence to agreed procedures.
- Proven and successful finance experience
- Strong time management and organisational skills to deliver an effective Finance function.
- Ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial subjects.
- Ability to retrieve large amounts of information form disparate sources and generate meaningful MI.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Good Excel skill and knowledge of other Office applications (Word/PowerPoint)
- Ability to develop team members effectiveness.
What we offer
- Knowledge of Agenda for Change pay and conditions.
- Experience of working in healthcare environment or Facilities Management
- Experience of financial tools and systems (eg. SAP / Hyperion Essbase)
- Knowledge of Soft FM + Hard FM environment and service delivery
to £45,000pa + excellent bonus and benefits
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Great site to work on - Flexible and dynamic work environment, sociable hours!
- Competitive compensation
- Access to ongoing training and development programs
- Countless opportunities to grow within the company.
- Flexible benefits fund of £1,300 to utilise across an array of benefits.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!