Delegated Operations Analyst
Exciting opportunity to work across both International and North American Delegated Property Underwriting teams, as an delegated operations analyst.
The primary role is to have responsibility for all aspects of data analysis for Binding Authority Contracts and Financial Management within the International and North American Delegated Property Underwriting teams as part of the London Wholesale team at AXA XL.
In addition, to assist in the collation, validation and analysis of all underwriting data required for regular reports for Underwriting, Operations and Regulatory Reporting, including query management with our offshore shared service centre in India and with our delegated bordereaux processors based in Poland.
You Key Relationships
Work closely and collaboratively with underwriters and underwriting leaders responsible for writing property delegated authority business, Claims, Finance, Actuarial, Operations and Compliance functions to ensure the compliant and accurate processing and reporting of delegated business.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- The jobholder will possess proven analytical and problem-solving skills to collate and summarize appropriate and timely data sets for use by Underwriting, either through excel or PowerBI
- Liaising from a data perspective between Underwriting, Claims, Reinsurance, Finance and other internal stakeholders
- Facility monitoring and adjustment of EPI's, commissions and rate movements; tracking and reporting on variances to coverholder business plans and updating underwriting systems as required
- Provide support to the underwriters and Actuarial Pricing Teams to calculate rate change and sums insured changes across all contracts
- Support claims, reserving and finance to monitor Profit Commission accruals and validate profit commission payment requests from coverholders
- The jobholder will assist in the conversion of a number of regular reports into PowerBI or the creation of them entirely
- The jobholder will perform analysis and identify data trends and present these to underwriters
- The jobholder is to assist in the completion of regulatory returns for Lloyd's, where required
- The jobholder will be required to build effective coverholder and broker relationships as required to ensure we receive timely bordereaux and accurate data
- Monitor renewal lists and co-ordinate as required
- Support delegated underwriting renewal process alongside underwriters, pricing, claims and governance
- Responsible for query management between policy management teams and bordereaux processing teams; adhering to KPIs
You will report to the London Wholesale Operations Manager.
SHARE your talent
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of working in the Lloyd's market on Binding Authority business or other similar role
- Knowledge of general insurance, or property insurance a plus
- Intermediate level in all Microsoft packages including Excel
- Knowledge of PowerBI
- Beginners' knowledge of SQL
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Keen interest in numbers and a numerical background
- Good numeracy skills, including ability to analyse and compare data and reports
- Good attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- A proactive work ethic
- A positive outlook with a flexibility and willingness to learn and develop themselves and the business.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with all levels of the business
- Ability to develop innovative and pragmatic solutions to problems
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don't just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a comprehensive and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business - property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Inclusion & Diversity
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will consider applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That's why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, and create an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It's about helping one another - and our business - to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ , ethnicity and origins, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AXA XL, Sustainability is integral to our business strategy. In an ever-changing world, AXA XL protects what matters most for our clients and communities. We know that sustainability is at the root of a more resilient future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability strategy, called "Roots of resilience", focuses on protecting natural ecosystems, addressing climate change, and embedding sustainable practices across our operations.
- Valuing nature: How we impact nature affects how nature impacts us. Resilient ecosystems - the foundation of a sustainable planet and society - are essential to our future. We're committed to protecting and restoring nature - from mangrove forests to the bees in our backyard - by increasing biodiversity awareness and inspiring clients and colleagues to put nature at the heart of their plans.
- Addressing climate change: The effects of a changing climate are far reaching and significant. Unpredictable weather, increasing temperatures, and rising sea levels cause both social inequalities and environmental disruption. We're building a net zero strategy, developing insurance products and services, and mobilizing to advance thought leadership and investment in societal-led solutions.
- Integrating ESG: All companies have a role to play in building a more resilient future. Incorporating ESG considerations into our internal processes and practices builds resilience from the roots of our business. We're training our colleagues, engaging our external partners, and evolving our sustainability governance and reporting.
- AXA Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as AXA XL's "Hearts in Action" programs. These include our Matching Gifts program, Volunteering Leave, and our annual volunteering day - the Global Day of Giving.
For more information, please see axaxl.com/sustainability