Do you have Credit Control, customer service or administration experience gained in financial services, Insurance or within a large company?
We have an excellent opportunity for candidates who wish to begin or continue a career in finance. Your key responsibility would be to ensure the timely collection and allocation of funds received and ensure issues are communicated in regard to premium balances that are not paid. The role requires the creation and maintenance of strong business relationships with various Chubb departments, brokers, insurers and other external suppliers. You will be responsible for a variety Credit Control and other non-client facing activities, including maximising cash flow and minimising debt at risk while ensuring our operations are fully aligned with SOX, FCA and internal Chubb guidelines.Key responsibilities
- Handle and resolve all open items including premium debts, unapplied and unallocated cash
- To identify debt at risk and work with internal teams to ensure early warning signs are flagged and processes are followed to protect Chubb cash flow.
- In conjunction with the Credit Control Manager review processes and productivity on a regular basis, in order to identify efficiency gains within the team. Assist with the implementation of any subsequent operational improvements.
- To manage regular third party / internal customer meetings to review and compare ledgers. Resolve any outstanding queries by working together
- Maintenance of strong business relationships with Chubb departments, brokers, insurance companies and external suppliers.
- Take ownership for managing and prioritising own workload.
- Act as point of contact for the assigned set of accounts, ensure that expectations are met in terms of quality of service to 3rd parties; handle any potential complaints in a timely manner and liaise with brokers and internal departments to resolve potential issues.
- Ad-hoc credit management activity i.e. short term projects and inter-team work initiatives
What we offer
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to investigate and support with difficult cases and provide assistance with customer concerns
- Ability to build and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise; proven record of meeting deadlines
- Very good customer service skills
- Prior experience with debt management is preferred
- Analytical skills and attention to detail and ability to work with and analyse heavy volumes of data
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel (pivots, v-lookups, etc.) and preferably experience with finance accounting systems
- Good intuition for business for problem solving
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially difficult conversations
- Confidence to deal with a range of partners
- Easily adaptable to changes, positive attitude and supportive of business needs.
Hybrid working, Competitive salary & pension scheme, annual bonus scheme, 25 days annual leave plus ability to purchase 5 additional days, Private Medical cover, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Life Assurance, Subsidised gym membership, Comprehensive Learning & development offerings, Employee Assistance program
Integrity, client focus, respect, excellence and teamwork
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and supportive.
Diversity & Inclusion. At Chubb, we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.