Gibb Group is the industry’s leading provider of PPE and MRO products and services as well as one of the energy sector’s most experienced, qualified suppliers. Available globally, our extensive product range is backed by in-house expertise that adds value and ensures our clients’ Offshore teams and assets are protected at all times.
Gibb is part of Clarksons - the world’s leading provider of integrated maritime services including broking, finance, port services and research. Clarksons is at the heart of global shipping and has an unrivaled reach, expertise, and depth of experience. Clarksons partner with clients across every sector to meet the demands of the world’s rapidly evolving maritime, offshore, trade and energy markets. Building on our unique heritage and harnessing our insights to see further, faster, we work with our clients and communities to create strategies that have a positive impact on the industry and the world around us. Dedicated to excellence, it’s our people that drive success for our clients.Role summary
We are seeking a Purchase Ledger assistant to join our team in Great Yarmouth. This role will support the Purchase Ledger Controller and will be reporting into the Management Accountant. You will work within the Finance function and have the opportunity to contribute as part of a crucial team to the core accounting and financial operations of the business.
What you’ll be doing:
What we’re looking for
- Input purchase ledger invoices and matching to Purchase Orders.
- Resolving Pricing Issues, Booking in queries, and Liaising with Suppliers for incorrect charges
- Assist with supplier statement reconciliations.
- Maintain a record of debit notes awaiting credits from suppliers.
- Complete documentation for new purchase ledger accounts and set them up in accounting system.
- Chase Final VAT Invoices for Proforma Payments and PayPal Payments.
- Support with Company Credit Cards and input.
- Bank payment authorisations.
- Assist in preparation of payment runs.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in order to resolve ad hoc queries regarding accounting procedures.
- Mailbox management.
- General administrative and office support.
- Additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
We invite applications from candidates who can demonstrate:
- Drive and self-motivation, with the desire and commitment to succeed, deliver excellence and make positive change;
- Relationship building, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport;
- Collaboration, able to work well with others across diverse backgrounds to share information, develop skills, and deliver results;
- Resilience with the ability to persist and adapt;
- Smart problem-solving and analytical abilities, with a curious and inquisitive mind, and an openness to new ideas;
- Professional integrity and a respect for company values.
- Previous accounting experience
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Good numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Organised and able to use own initiative
- Dedicated, self-motivated and hard working
- Good communication skills
- Good administrative skills
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook
- AAT/equivalent accounts training or qualified by experience.
- MS office skills (excel - intermediate)
- Experience of using an integrated accounting and stock package