Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.About the team
Reporting into the Finance Manager in the regulated entity Platform Securities based in Birmingham. You will be joining a diverse team of accountants to assist in the creation, analysis and improvement of financial information to be used inside the business unit as well as to feed into the group finance team.What you will be doing
What you bring
- Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
- Gathers, analyses, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Researches and compiles data to forecast and prepare annual and monthly budget projections for a division or similar group of organizations.
- Tracks revenue and expenses on a monthly basis, comparing actual to foretasted figures and makes necessary adjustments.
- Prepares reports for management summarizing results of research, analyses and evaluation of any discrepancies.
- Gathers and analyses current data to aid in estimating future expenditures.
- Helps with the preparation and review of billing packs to ensure clients are charged in accordance with their rate cards and revenue is recognised correctly.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What we offer you
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Finance or Accounting highly preferred
- Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards
- Ability to analyse and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Analytical and statistical examination skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technologys