Exciting opportunity to join Beazley’s Digital Service team. We are looking for a Digital Services Assistant who can read, write and fluently speak English and German.Who we are
Beazley is a specialist insurance company with over 30 years’ experience helping people, communities and businesses to manage risk all around the world. Our mission is to provide beautifully designed insurance, innovating to give our clients the maximum benefit with minimum hassle.
Our products are wide ranging, from cyber & tech insurance to marine, healthcare, financial institutions and contingency; covering risks such as the weather, film production or protection from deadly weapons.Our culture
We employ over 1,500 people globally, hosting a wonderful diversity of cultures, experiences and backgrounds. We are proud of our family-feel culture at Beazley that empowers our staff to work from when and where they want, in an adult environment that’s big on collaboration, diversity of thought & personal accountability.
Our three core values inspire the way we work and how we treat our people & customers - 1) Be bold 2) Strive for better 3) Do the right thing. Upholding these values every day has enabled us to become an innovative and responsive organisation in touch with the changing world around us - our ambitious L&D & Sustainability targets are testament to this.
We encourage internal career progression at Beazley, giving you all the tools you need to drive your own career here, such as iLearn (our own learning & development platform), LinkedIn Learning, our mentorship program and external qualification sponsorship. As a Beazley employee, you also get access to our fantastic array of benefits which include commuting reimbursement, free in-office lunch, six months parental leave and a lifestyle allowance, amongst many others.Job summary
To work alongside our underwriting teams to provide an efficient and effective customer service to our brokers and clients via our digital platforms.
Digital Service team’s, Underwriters, Technology teams, other Beazley Group support functions, Brokers, Coverholders, and external clients and suppliers. General
It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to Beazley’s core values - Being Bold, Striving for Better, and Doing the Right Thing - as they contribute to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers. We also expect Beazley employees to:
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct which incorporates the PRA and FCA Conduct.
- Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
- Ensure all interactions and transactions are accurate, within Service Level Agreements (SLA) and the agreed authority limits set by Beazley and the underwriting teams.
- Interact with other teams within Beazley, ie Claims, Finance, Compliance, Management Services and Controls on matters affecting or related to accounts within the portfolio.
- Help maintain performance standards through supporting other team members in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required.
- Take accountability for continuously improving service, ensuring all proposed solutions work towards the betterment of the customer experience.
- Provide accurate management information to senior management team and underwriters.
- Produce ad hoc reports, presentations and marketing literature for senior managers, underwriters and other members of staff as requested.
- Utilise team feedback and metrics to identify ways to increase, improve and expand services.
- Provide a professional service to brokers in person, writing, email and telephone.
- Maintain and develop key relationships including brokers and external clients, promoting the Digital Service Team, and provided services
- Encourage, report and implement broker feedback on systems, processes and services
- Support the onboarding and ongoing training of brokers, encouraging and promoting broker self-sufficiency on our platforms
Skills and abilities
- Able to read, write and fluently speak both German and English
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills - good working knowledge of MS Office, well developed spreadsheet skills
- Able to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
Knowledge and experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Administrative experience advantageous
- Experience in accurate, high volume data entry advantageous
Aptitude and disposition
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with managers/colleagues/external suppliers
- Achievement orientation
- Analytical thinking
- Information seeking
- Customer focus
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Detail orientated
- Time management
- Relationship building
- Communication skills