PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients’ capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world’s largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.Account Management
Account Managers have a broad range of responsibilities that include building and developing client relationships, monitoring portfolios & communicating strategies, providing information about performance attribution, market performance and macroeconomic conditions, outlining the Firm’s current outlook and strategy, developing investment objectives, and educating clients about a broad set of investment strategies, products and services. In addition, Account Managers contribute to the Firm’s overall investment strategy and economic outlook development process.
Positions are located in London.Career development, training and mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a formal week of training programme. The PIMCO Fundamentals training programme will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - every day, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, individuals will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.Requirements
- Fluent in Dutch
- The ideal candidate is pursuing an MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, or other equivalent Advanced Degree as it relates to the position, completion expected between December 2024 and June 2025
- Preference for candidates whose field of study provides exposure to finance/capital markets, and macroeconomics, or whose business experience and knowledge is aligned with the position
- Professional experience in European countries desirable
Summer programme details
- Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics and investment finance
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Highly motivated, ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, self-starter, accountable, humble and hard working
How to apply?
- Starts in mid-June, 10 weeks in length, Week 1 consists of training focused on Fundamentals
- Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
- Formal mentor programme
- Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-programme
- Submit your resume and cover letter via your school’s career system by your school’s designated deadline
- In addition all applicants must ALSO apply in the PIMCO career portal