The Cost Driver and Project Finance Lead will be responsible for the delivery of the Performance elements of the Financial Planning, Reporting and Cost Turnaround workstream.
This challenging and rewarding role will help the business improve its understanding of cost drivers and performance. This will include managing the delivery of Activity Based Costing and link to ODI reporting.
This role supports the foundational capabilities of Thames Water as part of the Turnaround Plan.
What you will be doing as Cost Driver & Project Finance Lead
- Develop analysis and reporting to link key opex cost drivers to performance outcomes.
- Providing visibility and transparency of the link between operational activity and the forecasted financial impact to enable business decision making and ensure the achievement of financial targets.
- Working with and managing any 3rd party contributions to the programme.
What you should bring to the role?
- Experience in financial planning/business partnering with a proven track record in 'adding value'.
- Ability to coordinate and motivate a team to work effectively together.
- Excellent organisational and person-management skills and the ability to interact with people effectively.
- Knowledge of SAP and HFM.
- In-depth experience in budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Strong analytical, Excel (including financial modelling) and PowerPoint skills.
- A Qualified Accountant.
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes.
- Proactive and ambitious- sets high goals and continuously strives to improve.
- Experience in Project Management.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary £55,000 - £75,000 per annum.
- Car Allowance.
- Private Medical Cover.
- Annual Leave 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service. (Plus bank holidays).
- Contributory pension - Defined Contribution - Maximum of 12% -2x employee contribution.
- Personal Medical Assessments - Open to all once a year.
- Wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
Who are we?
At Thames Water, our purpose is crystal clear - to deliver life’s essential service so our customers, communities and planet can thrive.
Water is life’s great leveller. Every living thing needs it, every single day. From people to plants, birds to bees, farms to factories, we all need it to thrive, and we’re committed to taking care of it.
But keeping water flowing is becoming harder. From scorching summers to wetter winters, extreme weather affects everything from our pipes to our local rivers. We must keep millions more kettles boiling, public services operating, washing machines spinning, showers running and more, so every drop is more precious than ever. Are you ready to play your part?
Working at Thames Water
At Thames Water, we recognise that people are at the heart of our business. To help us succeed in providing life's essential service, we need a range of skills and capabilities, representative of society throughout our business.
We seek to attract and retain a cultural mix of people who can offer different but complementary attitudes, values, talents, and knowledge. We understand the importance of appreciating and harnessing the unique skills, experiences, backgrounds, and differences that each individual brings.
Our over-arching diversity and inclusion aim is to ensure Thames Water is a diverse and inclusive great place to work. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
When a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and earn some extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.