Commercial Financial Planning Manager
Salary circa 40k dependent on skills and experience
Office Based Swinton - S64 8BH
Nicky Story Holdings (part of Supplies for Candles) is the holding company for a fast-growing group of online, market leading, retail and wholesale businesses primarily involved in the Home Lifestyle and Personal Care Sectors. Established in 2016 the company has experienced double digit growth each year and is looking to accelerate further growth both organically and through acquisition where appropriate.Overview
The Commercial Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will understand business objectives and requirements mainly from a financial, but also from a marketing and operational perspective in order to help define and implement the future strategy and financial performance for the business. Reporting to the Finance Director (Fractional) and directly managing 2 heads within the finance team.Key Tasks & Responsibilities but not limited to:-
- Leading the financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis across the business
- Provide commercial insight and analysis of results, identifying underlying trends and challenging the business on performance.
- Responsibility for producing accurate and timely management reports, including analyses of sales, operational expenditure, shipping fees etc.
- Take ownership of performance management for the business including identifying and reporting KPIs which are linked to company strategy and drive positive actions.
- Be a Superuser on the core systems (Orderwise) & thereafter to drive procedural improvements & train/mentor colleagues.
- Prepare financial forecasts and budgets (in conjunction with the Finance Director)
- Identifying process enhancements for discussion with key stakeholders.
- Business partner for the General Manager
- Support and challenge the operational teams including providing financial/commercial training where necessary.
- Ensure integrity of financial data supplied by finance team to other areas of the business.
- ales & margin analysis to support key decision making, on both a periodic & ad-hoc basis.
- Management & Development of the Management Accountant (part qualified)
- Oversight of Banking activity
- Liaison with external auditors & other external partners (e.g. Insurers)
- Maintaining statutory compliance (e.g. VAT)
- Deputising for the General Manager where required.
- Fully or part qualified accountant
- Demonstrable experience of operating in a SME /Owner Operated Environment
- Be clearly “more than just an accountant”, i.e. a “frustrated general manager”.
- Able to work independently but also a good team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven Accounting & FP&A track record
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail and willing to adopt a hands-on approach.
- Ability to manage several projects at one time and meet agreed deadlines.
- Strong IT Literacy (including MS Office applications)
- Systems used by the Group include Orderwise & Sage. Previous experience of these or similar platforms would be desirable.
Interested in this Commercial Financial Planning Manager role? If you feel you possess the relevant skills and experience, please send your cv by return.INDHS