Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Group Finance Director will take a shared responsibility with the CFO for setting and implementing the financial strategy, operation and working capital management of the business.
This role will be instrumental in coordinating and managing the month end consolidated processes, reporting financial data to our shareholder, managing global compliance and controls with Financial Controllers and delivering change and improvements progressively (maximising our Sage X3 system).
You will be tasked with leading the global finance function to deliver a step change in quality financial processes, modernising, standardising and scaling these across the group to ensure we capitalise on the growth so far and ensure a platform for future growth.
The successful candidate will require a blend of leadership, management and hands on work. The priority is to develop and lead a motivated and productive combined team of 37 with development opportunities and progression.Responsibilities will include:
- Financial accounting and month end reporting, transactions and operational finance transactions including cash management, statutory reporting and compliance, tax and managing financial risks.
- Driving financial controls, efficient transaction processing and enhancement, ensuring compliance with Biocair processes, compliance manuals, and financial best practices, maintaining necessary controls and segregations within a financial control framework and be the key lead to ensure quality of financial data to the business.
- Ensuring financial reporting is compliant with local accounting regulations, shareholder requirements and leading on financial audit and taxation compliance. Enabling effective governance with policies, procedures, financial controls and segregation, auditing, compliance and regulations all up to date and adhered to. Completing the month and year end processes to meet financial timetables and timely completion of Board and management ad-hoc reporting as well as compliance with shareholder requests.
- Overseeing the efficient operation of transaction processing, payroll and tax services to the group to generate accurate and compliant financial documents and records with relevant legislation. Leveraging the ERP implementation and collaborating with other senior managers to ensure end to end policies and processes are robust and efficient.
- Developing, with the Global Payroll Specialist, a global payroll system/solution that ensures colleagues are paid accurately, on time and compliant with relevant local regulations.
- Oversight of key accounting processes of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and all elements of the Cash Conversion Cycle to ensure they are operated effectively and in the best interests of the business and all stakeholders.
- Driving collaboration with the senior managers, in addition to other departments and offices on a global basis, to achieve Biocair’ s company objectives.
- Representing Finance in group wide change initiatives and development of financial systems and leading finance change management and improvement projects.
- Acting as key financial leader in interactions with external advisors, stakeholders, auditors and banking.
- Leading the finance team, ensuring that team members are engaged, motivated and trained whilst creating the environment for the individuals and team to develop and enable the skills to partner effectively with the broader Biocair business.
- Enabling a combined one global team approach across the multi-locations and a flexible resourcing model to meet business demands.
- Being an advocate for positive change, by promoting a team culture of reflective learning and continuous improvement whilst role model the Biocair values and ethical financial practices and encouraging those behaviours in all team members.
- Complying with, and implementing as required, all security policies and procedures applicable to your role and location (including Shipment, IT and Information Security).
Our Company Values matter, and guide all that we do each day. The successful candidate will be expected to operate in line with our company values of; Care, Customer Service, Knowledge, Commerciality, Teamwork, Dedication, Discipline, Speed of Execution and Integrity.In addition, you will demonstrate these key competencies:
In return we offer:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA or equivalent).
- Previous experience working with Directors and presenting at Board level.
- International group accounting experience, managing multi-company month-end processes, compliance and reporting.
- Experienced in managing, mentoring and coaching a diverse international team.
- Demonstrable experience in both global supplier and accounts receivable.
- Previous successful delivery of process improvement and change.
- Commercially aware with high attention to detail, excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills and a propensity to embrace technology and drive digital innovation.
Please note this opportunity is offered as a 6 month FTC and is a full time role, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08:30am to 17:30pm and the role is offered as hybrid from our Cambridge office (CB22 3EG) with up to 2 days per week working from home.
- A competitive salary
- A generous non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday and the option to buy/sell 5 days
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Wellness Programme
Applications for this role will close on Friday 16th February 2024
with first stage interviews being held mid to end of February.
This is a UK based role and the right to live and work in the UK will need to be established during the recruitment process. Please note we are not currently a Home Office visa sponsorship licence holder.
Biocair provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Please be aware that we are NOT inviting recruitment agencies to submit candidates for this role and as such any approaches will be rejected. Thank you for your understanding.