About Galvanize Climate Solutions
Galvanize Climate Solutions ("Galvanize") is a climate-focused global investment firm delivering capital and expertise to accelerate climate solutions. Founded by Katie Hall and Tom Steyer, Galvanize invests across asset classes including venture capital and growth equity, public equities, and real estate. We integrate expertise across investment, climate impact, measurement, market development, talent, technology, and policy with the aim of driving material climate impact and creating long-term value for our investors.
Galvanize is looking for a Vice President to join its Innovation + Expansion fund to report directly to the co-heads of the fund. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced investment professional with a personal commitment to Galvanize's urgent mission of accelerating climate solutions, who would be excited to learn from some of the most experienced, highly regarded investment leaders in climate.
Vice Presidents are expected to demonstrate early indicators of strong investment judgment; and immediately lead due diligence efforts on their first day (including managing Associates). Of equal importance, Vice Presidents should have the personal characteristics needed to build a differentiated network of relationships to optimally source opportunities and efficiently diligence them.
Responsibilities will revolve around four primary types of work:
- Investment Diligence - The VP will design diligence work plans, and lead execution of those work plans. These responsibilities may include independently leading customer and ecosystem calls, diligence business models, collaborating with our internal and third-party resources to inform technical and policy diligence, and preparing materials for internal investment committee conversations.
- Investment Sourcing - Additionally, the VP will be expected to begin sourcing the most innovative decarbonization startups in verticals such as electricity, transportation, industrials, and agriculture.
- High Impact Support of Portfolio Companies - The VP will collaborate with and support management team members of portfolio companies in key operating areas such as finance, business development, sales operations, recruiting, and communications.
- Developing the Next Generation of VP's - VP's play an indispensable role in recruiting and training current Associates. Successful candidates will be expected to provide and solicit frequent, specific feedback especially with regard to offering timely praise and constructive advice.
- Outstanding intellectual capacity and curiosity, evidenced in part by a strong MBA (optional) and undergraduate academic track record
- At least one year of full time VP-level experience at a PE or VC fund, quarterbacking closed deals representing investments of at least $50MM, so that the VP can effectively lead due diligence efforts on their first day
- At least four additional years as an Analyst or Associate in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, or operating roles such as business operations, FP&A, sales operations, or product management
- A natural inclination to build and cultivate positive relationships in a variety of contexts (e.g., among multiple touch points in a given industry area or subsector, within one's current school community)
- References that will enthusiastically attest to the VP's ability to collaborate well, give effective feedback to peers and managers, learn from mistakes and constructive advice, and lead and influence others while in individual contributor roles
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary pay band is $175,000 - $225,000. Note that salary pay bands reflect both newly promoted persons and longer tenured persons at the Vice President level, and are used for both internal incumbents and new hires.
- Annual discretionary cash bonus
- Carried interest
- Employer-paid health coverage for employee, spouse, and dependents
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- 25 days of PTO + 2 Floating Holidays
- Monthly wellness benefit that covers a broad range of activities
- Commuter Benefits
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for parents of any gender
- Annual stipend for employer-sponsored professional development opportunities