Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, age, or disability or union membership status.
Our teams are putting the world's retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), this drives our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs). In our CFCs - together with the proprietary software applications - we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for an ESG professional to join the ESG External Reporting team at Ocado. As the Senior ESG Specialist, you will be a key member and ensure the accurate and timely collection of ESG data from across the Group.
You will interact closely with the providers of ESG information to understand data requirements, manage collection of the data and ensure a strong control environment. You will be the main contact with the Group's external auditors and assurance providers supporting the efficient planning and execution of any audit and assurance procedures over ESG metrics and disclosures in the Group's Annual Report.
You will provide support in the development and maintenance of the Group's ESG policies in line with current and emerging sustainability standards, and embedding those policies within the business.
The right person will be highly numerate and analytical with a keen eye for detail and ability to see the bigger picture.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely collection of ESG data from across the Group in accordance with sustainability standards and relevant statutory requirements
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of elements within the Annual Report in conjunction with ESG data owners
- Key point of contact for external auditors/assurance providers ensuring planning and execution of procedures over ESG metrics are well managed and ensuring information requests and deadlines are met
- Liaising with the relevant departments on the preparation of information for the Annual Report
- Helping to embed a strong controls culture in the team and one of continuous improvement
- Assist in implementing new Sustainability standards and ESG reporting requirements, working with colleagues across the Group to embed the required processes
- Support in the development of relevant Ocado Group reporting policies and manuals
- Support ad hoc initiatives e.g. system improvements
- Passion for ESG
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth, global organisation
- Experience of data/reporting systems
- Experience of ESG assurance and/or reporting
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we've ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately.
30 days 'working from anywhere in the world' policy
Wellbeing support through dedicated apps and an Employee Assistance Programme
25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
Generous Private Medical Insurance (within the first month of joining!)
Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
Cycle to Work Scheme
Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees (within the first month of joining!)