Senior Specialist of Financial Planning and Analysis - Ceded Re Location:
The FP&A - Ceded Re unit is part of the central FP&A team and is responsible for providing financial analysis and support to the CFO, Ceded Re, Regional Finance, and AXA XL Leadership teams.
Working within Ceded Re FP&A, you will be responsible for providing timely, accurate and insightful management information and financial analysis regarding ceded reinsurance results across all actual, planning and forecasting cycles. This position will also be responsible for supporting the Ceded Re organization by working closely with global Ceded Re teams, leveraging relationships with Insurance Regional Finance, Reinsurance Segment Finance and Controlling teams, Actuaries, FIC, regulators, internal audit as well as external auditors, among others.
DISCOVER your opportunity
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering insightful analysis on the financial position and performance of ceded reinsurance for the AXA XL Division as well as across both Insurance and Reinsurance segment
- Supporting the Senior Management of Financial Planning and Analysis - Ceded Re in the reporting of ceded reinsurance actuals, forecast and plan. This will include working closely with the FP&A team, Ceded Reinsurance placement team, Ceded Reinsurance Operations team, Insurance and Reinsurance Finance and Actuaries to gain a thorough understanding of underwriting results to identify key drivers, challenge outputs and assumptions, and develop comprehensive analysis appropriate for senior management of AXA XL and AXA Group for both business/product and legal entity/regulatory perspectives
- Actively engage with Actuarial department, to understand, analyse and develop reporting on ceded losses across Prior Year Development, CAT losses and non-CAT losses, etc
- Oversee the quarterly ceded reinsurance close process for Asia PAC Region, making sure all material adjustments are included correctly in the financial statements
- Work within finance teams to develop broader Business Group goals, objectives, and strategy
- Support ceded reinsurance reporting for AXA group, working closely with AXA SA
- Provide business decision support for Finance and the Head of Ceded Re, challenging where appropriate
- Support internal and external audit of ceded reinsurance results in the financials
- Identifying and develop opportunities to streamline and enhance our reporting capabilities with focus on insight and foresight, rather than facts and information.
- Be keen to develop skills around the Anaplan tool.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis - Ceded Re
SHARE your talent
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- 5 to 10 years' experience gained working within P&C (re)insurance, with demonstrated understanding of ceded reinsurance and insurance principles and IFRS insurance accounting concepts, and application thereof within the Financial Analysis environment; Professional Accountancy Qualification is a plus
- Ability to navigate a global enterprise with a professional approach to successfully interact with all levels of the organization, to confidently articulate views and influence outcomes, to understand constituencies served and develop/leverage relationships necessary to be successful
- Strong analytical skills, with an inquisitive attitude, with attention to detail and an ability to link the results of their own work to the broader business results and strategies
- Experience with reporting/consolidation systems (e.g., HFM, Anaplan) and advanced Microsoft Excel and presentation skills
- A proactive, self-starter and self-motivator, that is adaptable in a fast-moving global environment with the capacity to manage time, work to tight deadlines, prioritise and adjust to changing requirements
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don't just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a comprehensive and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business - property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Inclusion & Diversity
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will consider applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That's why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, and create an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It's about helping one another - and our business - to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ , ethnicity and origins, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AXA XL, Sustainability is integral to our business strategy. In an ever-changing world, AXA XL protects what matters most for our clients and communities. We know that sustainability is at the root of a more resilient future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability strategy, called "Roots of resilience", focuses on protecting natural ecosystems, addressing climate change, and embedding sustainable practices across our operations.
- Valuing nature: How we impact nature affects how nature impacts us. Resilient ecosystems - the foundation of a sustainable planet and society - are essential to our future. We're committed to protecting and restoring nature - from mangrove forests to the bees in our backyard - by increasing biodiversity awareness and inspiring clients and colleagues to put nature at the heart of their plans.
- Addressing climate change: The effects of a changing climate are far reaching and significant. Unpredictable weather, increasing temperatures, and rising sea levels cause both social inequalities and environmental disruption. We're building a net zero strategy, developing insurance products and services, and mobilizing to advance thought leadership and investment in societal-led solutions.
- Integrating ESG: All companies have a role to play in building a more resilient future. Incorporating ESG considerations into our internal processes and practices builds resilience from the roots of our business. We're training our colleagues, engaging our external partners, and evolving our sustainability governance and reporting.
- AXA Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as AXA XL's "Hearts in Action" programs. These include our Matching Gifts program, Volunteering Leave, and our annual volunteering day - the Global Day of Giving.
For more information, please see axaxl.com/sustainability