Senior Operational Risk Consultant
United Kingdom; Brighton
Alternate Job Location:
Other European countries with MetLife presence; Ireland, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Czech, Slovakia, Poland, and Hungary
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife's Operational Risk Management ("ORM") function within Global Risk Management is responsible for the design and implementation of company-wide policies, frameworks and tools enabling appropriate management of non-financial risks throughout the organization. ORM partners closely with various stakeholders across the enterprise to implement strong processes and effective controls, as well as to foster and embed a strong risk culture.
The Senior Operational Risk Consultant will report to MetLife's centralized ORM Framework, Governance and Reporting team, supporting global adoption, execution and oversight of MetLife's non-financial risk management framework. The Senior Operational Risk Consultant will provide support working with Regional Risk Management and Compliance organizations in the global execution of an enhanced Non-Financial Risk Assessment (NFRA) Framework.
The Senior Operational Risk Consultant will report to the ORM Director responsible for the NFRA framework and will gain invaluable experience working across the global risk management function.
- Coordinate implementation of various NFR roadmap initiatives
- Drive effective execution of the NFRA, partnering with regional stakeholders to coordinate NFRA plans / trigger reassessments and ongoing status updates
- Development and maintenance of applicable standards, procedures, and resources supporting the NFRA, incl. business process, risk and control libraries
- Oversee execution and quality of assessments to ensure adherence to NFRA Standards
- Assist with developing and providing NFRA training to key stakeholders
- Support continuous improvement of the risk management system supporting NFRA execution promoting utilization of OpenPages
- Analyze assessment results to identify themes/trends and prepare executive reporting
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of financial services experience; experience working in Risk / Compliance / Audit preferred
- Proactive, intellectually curious, willing to challenge others and operate with a sense of urgency
- Strong knowledge of risk management best practices and emerging industry developments
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage shifting priorities to deliver results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare and conduct presentations and communicate with senior management
- Must be a dedicated, self-motivated individual with an ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to develop partnerships and relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, other applications/systems are considered an asset
- Educational background - minimum bachelor's degree
- Prior experience managing/supporting complex large-scale projects; strategic thinker with strong execution capabilities
- Prior experience with drafting policies, standard operating procedures
- Prior experience in development and execution of trainings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 135865
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, religions and sexual orientations.
We strive to find the best candidate for all positions and a diverse range of applicants ensures we widen our talent pool in order to achieve this.
Those with disabilities and neurodiverse conditions, please do let us know about your reasonable adjustments to ensure that we can best meet your needs.
MetLife UK is proud of our interests outside of our core business. Here's a few that might interest you too.