Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do, and we start by taking care of you, our valued colleague. A career at Sedgwick means experiencing our culture of caring. It means having flexibility and time for all the things that are important to you. It's an opportunity to do something meaningful, each and every day. It's having support for your mental, physical, financial and professional needs. It means sharpening your skills and growing your career. And it means working in an environment that celebrates diversity and is fair and inclusive.
A career at Sedgwick is where passion meets purpose to make a positive impact on the world through the people and organizations we serve. If you are someone who is driven to make a difference, who enjoys a challenge and above all, if you're someone who cares, there's a place for you here. Join us and contribute to Sedgwick being a great place to work.
Great Place to Work
Top 100 Most Loved Workplace
Forbes Best-in-State Employer
- Is attention to detail important to you?
- Are you confident to ask questions?
- Do you have the vision to recommend change?
- Can you deal with large volumes of data and spreadsheets?
Sedgwick International UK is the leading claims handling and loss adjusting business in the UK. We work with insurers and corporate entities to support their policyholders during times of loss. The Company is going through an exciting period of growth, gaining market share, diversifying into the new service lines, and growing through acquisition.
We now looking to continue on our journey to make improvements to the existing Client Treasury function by creating a robust and sustainable platform for further growth both in the UK and Internationally. We are looking for people to join us on our journey of transformation. Along the way you will be helping the team to administer and more importantly protect our clients' money, with over £400m financial transactions being processed each year and £100m being held on behalf of our clients.
The Reconciliation Officer is responsible for managing and protecting the money held in trust for our insurer and corporate clients. This role will focus on the reconciliation of bank accounts to the underlying ledgers and ensuring that client's receive accurate and well-presented financial information for the claim's portfolio being managed by Sedgwick. The role will be required to work closely with key stakeholders both internally and externally, including our clients and the Operational and CRM teams. The successful candidate will be required to have strong financial analytical, reconciliation and administration skills and a desire to improve current processes and procedures.
- Act as the gatekeeper and custodian of trust accounts for clients, doing all that is necessary to protect our clients' money
- Perform periodic verification and reconciliation of the bank accounts, ledgers, and financial operating information,
- Use problem solving skills to identify and correct any unusual occurrences or reconciling differences
- Develop relationships with other departments to ensure good communication to deliver our client's requirements
- Act as the key entry point to our clients to ensure the service we are delivering fully meets their needs and we deliver on our promises to them
- Contribute and support the client audit process including pre-audit prep, the audit itself and audit debrief/review
- Participate in a culture of continuous improvement through the recommendation and execution of process improvements
- Other such reasonable duties at the manager's discretion
You will have/will be
- An understanding of the importance of protecting client funds and the desire to ensure we deliver on that mandate.
- Attention to detail with a zero tolerance for reconciling differences. Data accuracy is essential to the role.
- Enjoys problem solving, developing solutions, and implementing preventative measures
- Takes accountability and ownership for their work
- Good Excel skills and confident working with numbers
- Someone who can work to tight deadlines and SLA's, managing multiple priorities
- A team player with strong collaborative communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- The ability to identify priorities and organise your workload to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to take on additional tasks and support colleagues
- Exercise the upmost discretion when dealing with confidential information
As a global business, we are always interested in hearing from candidates with bi-lingual/multilingual skills.
Many of our colleagues now benefit from working flexibly between the office and home, which helps support a healthy work/life balance. When you do spend time in our office, you'll experience bright and open surroundings which offer excellent areas for collaboration as well as desk space. It's an ideal environment for working alongside and interacting with fellow colleagues.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Many of our vacancies offer the opportunity to work flexibly, whether from office and home
- Healthcare scheme
- A Self Invested Personal Pension Scheme
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Discounts on various products and services
- Employee assistance programme for employee wellbeing
- Life assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Voluntary benefits - dental cover, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, wellbeing and digital GP app
Working at Sedgwick
Our company is a place where creative and caring people of all backgrounds can be challenged, grow as individuals, and feel a higher purpose in the unique value they bring and the difference they make in the lives of others. We celebrate our differences; cultivating uniqueness and belonging allows us to connect with our consumers on a personal level, understand our clients' needs, support the communities in which we operate, and perform at our best.
We're passionate and understanding about our colleagues - so we have built flexibility into our colleague working model. If you wish to work from home, split your working time between the home and office or change your hours so you can collect your children or care for someone in your family, we're supportive of that. As a flexible employer, we're happy to discuss options that take into consideration your personal needs for this position during your interview.
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to: ID document verification, credit check, address verification, employment verification, employment gap verification, UK DBS, UK financial regulator search, anti-money laundering search, directorship search and global watch list check.
Sedgwick is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Sedgwick retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.