Job Type: Permanent Location:
This role is based in our London office on a hybrid basis with time spent working in the office and at home. You can read more about Phoenix Flex here
Flexible working: All of our roles are open to part-time, job-share and other types of flexibility. We will discuss what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process.
Closing Date: 18 February 2024, 23:59
Salary and benefits: Competitive salary, plus 16% bonus up to 32%, private medical cover, 38 days annual leave, excellent pension, 12x salary life assurance, career breaks, income protection, 3x volunteering days and much more
We have an incredible opportunity to join us here at Phoenix Group as a Credit Risk Specialist in the Counterparty Credit Oversight (CCO) team within the Asset Management Risk team.
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our 6,800 colleagues have ever worked.
We're the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. We offer our 12 million customers products across our market-leading brands, including Standard Life, SunLife and ReAssure, with c.£259 billion of assets under administration. We're a FTSE 100 organisation that is tackling key issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050, and we're not done yet.
As one of the UK's Top Employers we've brought together businesses with long, successful histories and many strengths. More than ever, people need help and guidance from a company which is simple to deal and who they trust. And that's where you come in.
We're currently recruiting for a Credit Risk Specialist (AVP level) to join our Counterparty Credit Oversight Team to provide advice, independent opinion and assurance in alignment with the Group Risk's Mission to promote informed decision making and controlled risk-taking that improves customer outcomes and delivers long term value for shareholders.
- Lead and support independent risk reviews in respect of Counterparty Credit risk and related new business proposals & asset classes from Asset Management and provide supporting assurance from a Line 2 Risk perspective.
- Be a key contributor to the ongoing development of Phoenix's credit limit framework across all credit exposures and provide oversight of credit measurement in line with the group risk appetite.
- Responsible for the monitoring of on-going adherence to the risk framework components by individual areas of the business for which they are allocated oversight.
- Provide risk input and challenge around material new counterparty exposures, credit ratings, including corporate transactions with a focus on corporate and/or financial institutions (Corporate/FI Analyst)
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders across the Group, including risk peers and senior managers to support the implementation of an effective Risk Management Framework and to manage risk exposure.
- Contribute to country risk oversight (incl. Political Risk) as well as sector and portfolio review from a risk oversight perspective.
- Contribute to risk reporting to Senior Management/Board on the effectiveness of the Risk Management Framework, risk exposures against appetite, and the appropriateness of actions taken to manage risk exposures and breaches effectively.
- Managing a variety of Risk Management related tasks and activities concurrently, meeting expectations on agreed deliverables and timescales.
What We're Looking For
- Strong fundamental skills to provide group credit risk Counterparty Credit oversight and monitor exposure accumulation.
- Experience in corporate / financial / NBFI credit across risk pools such as liquid credit, private debt, cash & liquidity management.
- Ability to think critically, independently and creatively and think 'outside-the-box' - propose new analytical approaches.
- Good understanding of the regulatory requirements governing insurance companies with particular emphasis on prudential regulation (PRA).
- Good understanding of specialist financial risk related fields such as capital management and asset liability management in the insurance market.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, including experience of drafting reports for presentation to senior management / executive level.
- Drive and flexibility to undertake a wide range of projects / activities simultaneously.
- Credit & financial risk experience within either a commercial/investment bank, rating agency or re-/insurance company.
- Professional qualification in risk, finance, investment or equivalent financial discipline (e.g. CFA, FRM, ACA or similar)
We want to hire the whole version of you.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If your experience looks different from what we've advertised and you believe that you can bring value to the role, we'd love to hear from you.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, please let us know so we can help you to be at your best.
Find out more about #LifeAtPhoenix
- Guide for Candidates: thephoenixgroup.pagetiger.com/guideforcandidates
- Find or get answers from our colleagues: www.thephoenixgroup.com/careers/talk-to-us