Closing Date: Monday 12th February 2024Why this role matters
The Finance Centre of Excellence (CoE) is a core part of the Group FP&A team. The Finance CoE was established to help BT maximise the value that we gain from our investment in SAP, and to develop new Data Science capabilities that help unlock the value in our data. The CoE comprises three core teams: Reporting, Planning and Data Science. The Reporting and Planning teams lead the design, delivery and support of standardised SAC and AfO templates and dashboards to enable best in class Financial reporting and planning. The Data Science team connects Finance with operational data and analytical capabilities to enable greater access to insight and automation of manual processes.
This role sits within the CoE Reporting team, and the focus of the role is to use your technical expertise to design new standardised SAC and AfO report templates and dashboards, and guide end-users on best practice use of SAP reporting tools.What you'll be doing
The skills you'll need
- Leading the design of standardised SAC and AfO reporting templates and dashboards that improve the level of reporting capability across BT Finance.
- Working closely with Group and Unit Finance team stakeholders to ensure development of appropriate reporting templates and dashboards that meet or exceed their requirements.
- Sharing your expert SAP technical knowledge and experience, and guiding stakeholders on the best way to achieve their requirements within our SAP tools.
- Being a vocal advocate for SAP reporting capability development, and the value-add that can be achieved from an efficient and effective system-based SAP reporting approach.
- Supporting the delivery of reporting development projects. Leading the co-ordination of UAT and training to ensure the final product delivery meets end user requirements and complies with your design guidance.
- Working closely with the BT Digital function to ensure appropriate technical support is in place for new reporting templates and dashboard development initiatives (e.g. managing requirements for changes in the underlying CFIN or BW data structures).
- Effectively managing stakeholder relationships across Finance and BT Digital and within the CoE.
- Maintaining sufficient understanding of current performance trends across BT in order to ensure reporting capability developments support key commercial challenges.
- An experienced Business Analyst, with a strong technical understanding of SAP reporting tools best practice and a working knowledge of the SAP S/4 HANA/BW platform that supports them
- A commercially astute SAP advocate, comfortable working with stakeholders to translate their reporting requirements into best in class SAC reporting template and dashboard design
- A confident change-agent, who leverages their skills and experience to drive forward SAP reporting capabilities that positively transform information delivery
A FEW POINTS TO NOTE:
- 10% on target bonus
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- BT Retirement Saving Scheme; 5% employee, 10% BT contribution
- BT Share Plans
- Discounted BT products including TV, Mobile and Broadband
- World class training and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
Although these roles are listed as full-time, if you're a job share partnership, work reduced hours, or any other way of working flexibly, please still get in touch.DON'T MEET EVERY SINGLE REQUIREMENT?
Studies have shown that women and people who are disabled, LGBTQ+, neurodiverse or from ethnic minority backgrounds are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification and criteria. We're committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace where everyone can be their best, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement on the Job Description, please apply anyway - you may just be the right candidate for this or other roles in our wider team.