Senior Manager - Finance Business PartnerSALARY:
£78,634 - £108,301 (location dependant)
LOCATION(S): London or Bristol
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days a week) in either our London or Bristol office
About this opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity to join us in GCOO Platforms. This role primarily focuses on the support of the Operations, Technology & Resilience (OTR) programme areas, where you'll provide commercial and strategic partnering on Investment cost base and the resulting benefits & opex.
What you'll be doing...
- Helping the Platforms to forecast successfully and contributing to the setting of strategic direction and goals
- Working closely with the Planning & Analysis teams to influence monthly results and support landing key messages
- Taking the monthly insights papers and adding additional insightful and strategic commentary with clearly articulated future impacts
- Supporting and challenging the business, crafting well-understood forecasts along with a summary of financial risks and opportunities
- Providing commercial and decision support on key projects and contractual commitments, acting as a trusted advisor
- Playing an active role in engaging with the Centres of Excellence, improving the flow of communication and the standards of inputs/outputs
- Embedding the Group's culture and vision through visible leadership, being a role model for the Group's leadership behaviours
- Supporting the Head of Finance in building and maintaining a hard-working team, ensuring colleagues are developed effectively, utilising the groups Your Best principles
- Participating and making an impactful contribution to the development and objectives of the wider platform business partnering team
If you think all banks are the same, you'd be wrong. We're an innovative, fast-changing business that's shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that's empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you'll need:
- To be an active, constructive and engaged member of the team across all discussions.
- Prior experience of Finance Business Partnering, influencing and driving improvement in Business results
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels across Finance and Business teams
- Listening, joining the dots and summarising the story (across Investment costs and the resulting financial benefits)
- Challenging constructively to support better quality outputs and outcomes (e.g. through finding better ways to communicate financial information)
- Experience of supporting Change / Transformation including the impact of different technologies on financial statements would be valuable
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So, if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.