Evelyn Partners is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, with over 186 years of experience in helping generations of people and businesses to thrive. We offer an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities and businesses.
We provide an award-winning service for our clients by employing the best people. Join us on our mission to place the power of good advice into more hands because we believe that everyone deserves access to good advice, regardless of where they're at in their financial journey.
An exceptional track record of growth and innovation is driven by our core values of: Personal, offering advice based on a true understanding of what matters to our clients; Partnership, working with our clients in a joined-up, collaborative way; and Performance, demonstrating a breadth and depth of advice expertise to deliver first-class results.
Read more about us and available career opportunities here:
Wealth, accountancy and business advisory services / Evelyn Partners
Careers / Evelyn PartnersJob DescriptionJob purpose
An exciting opportunity exists for a client facing Manager to join our rapidly growing Accounting Advisory team. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas, often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Tax and Valuations.
We are seeking a senior individual to continue to extend the depth and breadth of our Accounting Advisory service offering and play a part in the future growth of the team.Key ResponsibilitiesClient Contact
- Ensure that clients receive a high quality, efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year.
- Liaise with client Partners and other Evelyn Partners staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant client issues.
This may include:
- Support on the delivery of projects, with an opportunity to lead on smaller projects, which focus on the application of technical accounting, often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Valuations and Tax.
- Assessing the appropriate treatment for complex or judgemental accounting issues, e.g., revenue recognition, financial instruments, share-based payments, tax accounting
- Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (i.e., IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16 and IFRS 17)
- Supporting transaction teams with GAAP conversions and M&A activity, such as IFRS 3 analysis, implications of group reorganisations and accounting for private equity transactions)
- Preparing complex consolidation and cashflow models, e.g., multi-entity, multi-currency, acquisitions in period
- Supporting clients with preparation of front-end narrative reporting and financial statements disclosures
- Developing and delivering accounting training to clients
- Follow the team's internal procedures manual and provide technical advice/support where necessary to deliver a consistently high-quality and technically accurate output for engagement lead review.
Training and development
- Prepare proposals for new work.
- Develop internal brand and network.
- Support in the identification and development of opportunities for Evelyn Partners with current clients.
- Assist with ad-hoc internal projects as required to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
QualificationsKey Skills and Competencies
- Supervise and coach more junior members of the team.
- Provide feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal whilst being familiar with relevant training and development options.
Professional Qualifications and Education
- Driven and proactive approach
- Strong technical accounting experience with IFRS, UK GAAP and UK Companies Act, preferably with an external audit background
- US GAAP knowledge or a sector specialism would be beneficial.
- Strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRS 9, 15, and 16
- Experience in leading and developing client relationships.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Experience of working with listed companies and large corporates is desirable.
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
- Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual or one-off situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a demonstrated ability to clearly articulate the advice in written technical accounting papers.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent).
Additional InformationAs a colleague here at Evelyn Partners you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid working model (role dependant)
- Generous holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- Shared parental leave
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings, representative of our society and clients. We are committed to providing a work environment where all colleagues, regardless of identity, background, or circumstance, feel respected as individuals and feel that they can achieve their full potential and work in a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.
If you need any reasonable adjustments for your application process, please let your recruiter know.