UK Tax Accountant
Are you a qualified accountant with current knowledge of IFRS tax accounting and UK corporate Tax? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
We are hiring a UK Tax Accountant to join our team in London. This is a hybrid role, where you will have the flexibility to work in our London office, and virtually at home. Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.What the day will look like
The UK Tax team is responsible for ensuring that the UK tax affairs of Aon are tax efficient whilst at the same time compliant with all UK tax legislation. The role on the one hand manages all aspects of tax accounting and reporting of UK entities and the UK group, while on the other hand works on supporting the compliance cycle (review and sign-off on the work performed by external provider).
As a Tax Accountant you will have the day-to-day responsibility for preparing a number of UK corporate tax aspects of reporting and compliance over the entire life cycle of a number of legal entities (initiate, plan, implement, control, close).
You will need to build and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders such as Controllership, FP&A and the wider tax department. Providing accurate and timely support to the wider tax team and stakeholders will be critical for this role.How this opportunity is different
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Review the UK tax positions in the local statutory accounts (IFRS) and preparation of the US GAAP reporting for UK entities in relation to direct tax elements.
- Prepare annual return to accrual calculations for US GAAP and ensure those are accurately recorded in the ledger.
- Prepare quarterly IFRS tax calculations for regulated entities reporting.
- Provide support to the Senior UK Tax Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of modelling and forecasting of the different UK tax positions and quarterly instalments payments.
- Preparation of analysis required and provided by our external provider to enable them to complete their tax compliance work (for e.g., CFC, anti-hybrid and other disclosures).
- Preparation and filing of withholding tax forms with HMRC.
- Identify and implement improvements to internal processes and controls and assist with documenting Corporate Tax aspects of Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) certification.
- Keep technical knowledge up to date and take ownership of personal and professional development.
How we support our colleagues
- Strong accounting and UK corporate tax skills.
- Strong analytical skills with proficient use of excel & data management systems.
- Experience in UK corporation tax accounting/compliance in multinational groups (either Big four or in house).
- Current knowledge of IFRS tax accounting. Experience of US GAAP strongly preferred but not necessary.
- Some experience of the operational aspects of withholding tax desirable
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two "Global Wellbeing Days" each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status.
We welcome applications from all and provide individuals with disabilities with reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application, interview process and to perform essential job functions once onboard. If you would like to learn more about the reasonable accommodations we provide, email #li-hybrid#LI-SC1