Fram are working with a growing boutique/mid-sized financial services firm in the lending space. They are keen to appoint a Senior Credit Director to support their growing group credit function. The role is to work closely with the senior management with the occasional business travel to other jurisdictions. This opportunity has the potential for substantial career growth within a dynamic, challenging, and interesting environment.
As the Senior Credit Director, you will hold an important position in the credit function, overseeing the entire lending lifecycle, including:
- Providing expert guidance for new deals, loan terms negotiations, and client negotiations on loan documents.
- Assessing potential transactions and reviewing detailed credit papers for presentation to the Credit Committee including analyses of the borrowers' financial situations and evaluation of the property or development scheme for credit applications.
- Orchestrating and coordinating the credit approval steps effectively, including identifying and resolving risks, ongoing monitoring of loan performance across the business
- Ensuring compliance with credit policies including reviewing loan proposals and assessing risk.
- Using experience and knowledge in the continuous development of our credit processes.
- Collaborating with the business and external specialists for property and legal due diligence and exercising diligent oversight over the pre and post-loan management and development progress;
- Opportunity to become a member of the Credit Committee and deputise for the Group Credit Director.
An ideal candidate will have a few years practical experience in property finance which must include detailed understanding of the risks associated with development finance. Experience in underwriting property investment and development finance, including 'post-loan management' and 'senior' lending including resolution of problem situations and recoveries. Strong numeracy skills, proficient Excel modelling abilities, and experience in legal, financial, and technical due diligence.