Finance Officer - APSalary:
£29,538 - £32,000Location:
Ealing Hybrid Working
Contract: 12-month fixed term contract, 35 hours per week
Were one of the UKs leading housing associations. Our vision is to improve peoples lives through high-quality homes and services.
We operate across London and southern England, providing affordable, private and social rented homes, student, NHS and temporary accommodation, as well as supported housing and homes for older people. We also offer high-quality sustainable homes for sale and shared ownership, available through our FABRICA by A2Dominion brand.
Whilst we take a commercial approach to housebuilding, all the profits the Group generates are reinvested into supporting our social purpose, helping to deliver more homes and services for customers.
We are looking for a Finance Officer Accounts Payableto work as part of a team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate Accounts Payable function, whilst ensuring all deadlines are met. You will work in anexceptionally high-volume transactional processing team and will be required to provide a high quality of service to our clients, both internal and external.
- Day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to be carried out with a high level of accuracy to ensure that the creditor ledgers are maintained in an effective, up to date manner. This includes preparing journals, manual debits, and credits where necessary, with the appropriate supporting documentation for approval and corrective action.
- Actively participating in the accounts payable teams objectives to support continuous improvement and best practice being followed in line with KPIs set.
- Responsible for resolving customer queries promptly, administrating the team mailbox including liaison with the A2D Operational teams, local authorities and third-party providers as required via phone or email correspondence.
- Carry out the weekly BACS and Cheques runs for the Group and Joint Venture Partners, when on rotation for this task.
- Actively carry out daily, weekly & monthly supplier reconciliations including complex Utility, Service Charge / Managing Agent; to ensure the Aged Creditors and Debit balances are accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for opening and distribute the daily Accounts Payable post received. Prepare batches of invoices received by post for scanning into Purchase to Pay system when on rotation for this task.
More about you
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths & English (Grades A* - C)
- Accredited AAT or studying towards AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of working within a fast-paced high volume Accounts Payable team
- Complex Supplier reconciliation experience
- Good understanding of Accounting Principles and Accounts Payable
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and financial systems including Purchase to Pay (e.g. Proactis & SUN)
Choosing us is easy
As an employee of A2Dominion, we want you to feel rewarded and have a choice of flexible benefits, salary exchange benefits, and rewards and discounts that work for you, wherever you are in your life.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits. For this role, these include:
- 25 days holiday (Plus Bank Holidays) increasing up to 28 days with 3 years of service
- Up to 8% contributory pension
- Flexible working
- Investment in your learning and development.
In addition, all permanent and fixed-term employees receive a generous annual allowance of up to £300 to use towards health and lifestyle benefits for both you and your family.
We also operate a Cycle to Work Scheme whereby employees have access to cycling equipment throughout the year and can pay via monthly salary deductions.
Whatever the role, we want you to bring your knowledge and experience to play your part in improving peoples lives.
If you require a reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process, please contact our Talent Team to request.
A2Dominion Group is a Disability Confident Employer which means that we are committed to employing disabled people and will:
- actively look to attract and recruit disabled people
- provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- be flexible with assessing people so disabled applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- make reasonable adjustments as required
At A2Dominion Group, we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes. We always aim to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions, and beliefs.
Meeting the role requirements
We recognise that some people will only apply for a role if they meet 100% of role requirements. If this sounds like you, wed still encourage you to apply and also to arrange a call with one of our recruitment team to discuss your application further.
A2Dominion is proud to be a family friendly employer
Everyone is welcome at A2Dominion Group. We know that equality, diversity,and inclusivity make us better. We embrace the unique contributions of ourpeople and seek to create a workplace where everyone feels like they belong.Find out why our people love working with us.