Meridian Business Support
are working with our fantastic client within the Financial Services sector, they are looking for a Pensions Account Manager
to join their growing team on a Hybrid or Remote basis.
About the role
Responsible for carrying out cradle to grave administration for an allocated portfolio of SSAS/SIPP and delivering excellent technical and customer service outcomes to Group clients and intermediaries.
Promoting company culture and behaviours, and actively contributing to being a great place to work.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of individual clients and their advisers, and actively engage with all parties to achieve the best possible customer outcomes.
- Calculate and pay retirement benefits.
- Process contributions and transfers into the scheme.
- Arrange buying/surrender of investment portfolios.
- Prepare scheme asset valuations and member fund share calculations.
- Undertake property and land purchases and sales in accordance with internal procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure that rent reviews, lease expiries, EPC certificates, and insurance renewals are in place and/or obtained as required.
- Monitor rent and loan repayments and follow internal process should arrears arise.
- Arrange loans to associated and unconnected parties, ensuring that internal procedures are followed including the credit control of those loans.
- Monitor scheme bank accounts and ensure that sufficient cash is retained to make income payments and pay fees.
- Carry out the required activity to establish a new scheme or take over the scheme from another operator.
- Prepare trust deeds to reflect changes in Trustees, Principal/Participating Employers, and scheme rule amendments.
- Register schemes with HMR&C, The Information Commissioner and The Pensions Regulator, as required.
- Complete and submit Pension Scheme Returns, Event Reports and Accounting for Tax Returns.
- Calculate and pay death benefits.
- Process full and partial transfers out and takeovers.
- Prepare review packs for client meetings.
The job holder should have strong experience of managing a portfolio SSAS/SIPP pensions.
You should demonstrate the following core competencies as a minimum:
- Good personal organisational skills with the ability to prioritise their own workload.
- Works well under pressure maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work to prescribed deadlines.
- Clear concise communication skills at all levels.
- A positive attitude to client care.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and driven approach.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent internal and external relationships.
This is a full time Hybrid/Remote role working Monday to Friday 9am 5pm, offering a salary of £28,000 - £35,000
DOE plus great benefits.
Please contact Gemma Lawrence at Meridian on 07876 250477 to apply and find out more or email