Pax8 are seeking an ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years PQE
for the role of Manager of Accounting
responsible for reviewing, reporting and driving the company's financial performance. This role also manages and mentors a team of 3 accountants in a dynamically changing and growing technology business environment.
This is a permanent, hybrid role
and you must be prepared and willing to be in office 3 days per week
in either Farnborough or Bristol
in order to shape the Department, and your team for growth and change. For this critical role - we’re looking for a strong team-player-manager able to bring financial insight / acumen, clarity, alignment, vitality and accountability to the operational finance engine room, in addition to driving the development of the ERP system, implementing internal controls and process improvements.We’re growing fast, but responsibly and sustainably :-
Your day to day in this role includes:-
- We were named in the 2023 Deloitte Fast500 list of growing technology companies
- We have grown from start-up to global enterprise with a footprint in 17 countries in North America, EMEA and APAC
- We have surpassed $1.5 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR)
- We have built a global team of 1,700+ employees (with 400 in Europe following 4 acquisitions)
But this role is about more than just the numbers:-
- Managing the end to end production of monthly management P&L balance sheets and cashflow statements
- Ownership of journals, preparing / reviewing month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Working closely with the Senior Finance Manager to ensure all group reporting deadlines are met
- Supporting in the preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with the company's external auditors
- Proactively identifying and implementing financial and operational process improvements
You'll be ideal for us if you:-
- We need a customer centric, clear communicator who can partner with non-finance colleagues and build trust across the business
- Someone with an eye for “the detail in the nums”
- A pro-active individual able to get stuck in intuitively and coach where you spot issues
- Experience of developing, stretching and nurturing a team as the business grows around you
- A knack for adding value supporting a company’s transition from start up to scale up
- An ability to contribute to implementing new systems and developing the ERP system (NetSuite)
Culturally you’ll be comfortable in, and perhaps come from, a complex, fast growing technology or gaming business.About your way of working:-
- Are ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience (this is a must have for us)
- Have significant experience with full cycle accounting
- Are an excel spreadsheet whizz
- Have a work ethic that is productive, organised and effective
- Are an experienced team coach/player/manager
- Have experience working for medium to large companies preferably in a scale up environment
What could your future look like with us?
- You’ll have above average influencing skills, effective coaching skills and be able to use them in managing up and through effective delegation.
- You have a growth mindset and are a natural team builder.
- You can quickly build trust and confidence as a subject matter expert.
- You have a great way of developing capability, stretching ambitious junior members of the team.
- Collaborating and coaching across the Finance Department is something you love to do.
We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points but you must be professionally qualified. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives.In order to fulfil this role you should be resident in this country with a valid right to work
- If you are humbly ambitious, but really flexible, adaptable and smart you'll be able to step up into a Senior role as the company continues its path of rapid growth.
- Meantime you’ll be happy to demonstrate your readiness for the next step by delivering quality finance systems, controls and procedures improvements in our UK business.
- Ultimately one day, you may have a chance to play an impactful role in a possible future market event.
We review and acknowledge every application using real humans - please look out for a response from us to your application in your inbox but check spam too!Salary & Benefits
Designated Office & Working pattern
- Basic Salary Circa £60,000 to £70,000
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Dedicated time for training and personal development
- Private healthcare
- Health & Wellbeing coaching support
- Dental Plan
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Workplace pension scheme
- Pax8 "Live Your Best Life" Pass to support your health and mental wellbeing
- Pax8 Cycle to Work Support Scheme Available
- Fun and frequent company and team socials
- Share Options after qualifying period
Pax8 Farnborough Office Environment
- Hybrid & Home Office Working with ability to spend 3 days a week in office
Pax8 Bristol Office Environment
- Amazing Offices with natural light
- Dedicated desk with laptop dock and two monitors
- Free on-site parking
- Shuttle bus from Farnborough Main station
- Access to on-site gym
- On-site shower
- Barista grade coffee machine
- Fully stocked snacks cupboard and refreshments fridge
- NB. We will soon be temporarily based in Camberley while our offices are expanded
- Amazing brand new offices at The Distillery
- City Centre location within a 5 minute walk from Temple Meads Station
- Set across 3 floors with natural light, break out rooms, balcony spaces and a wellness area
- Games area with X-Box, Table-Tennis, Air-Hockey and Pool Table!
- State-of-the-art Top Brewer Coffee Machines on every floor
- Dedicated desks with laptop dock and two monitors
- Regular social and community events
If you struggle to get “time out” we’re happy to accommodate early/late conversations and interview times or if you have any queries you can ring the talent partner managing this role Lou Crossman on 0117 313 4831 DDI (No Agencies Please)What’s in it for you?
Pax8 is a learning accelerant. If you are growth minded and curious, there’s plenty of scope for talented individuals to progress quickly in this opportunity or to other internal options (internal mobility in 2023 was 37%) as we grow and expand. We have our very own internal "Elev8" Academy, Pax8 University & Linkedin Learning for personal development plus access to Learning & Development specialist trainers and extensive "born in the cloud" mentors available for your growth. We’ll provide the opportunity, stretch and projects to help you thrive and see exactly what you need to achieve to get to the next level. You might even get to exchange work location one day with your colleagues in the USA, APAC or across Europe but even if you can't travel right now we guarantee you'll still have fun!Why Pax8?Pax8 is the world’s favourite cloud marketplace for IT professionals to buy, sell and manage best-in-class technology solutions. The global Pax8 Marketplace features 30,000+
resellers (Managed Service Providers), 400,000+
Small to Medium Businesses (SMBs) and 10+ million
end users. We are scaling globally (in a responsible way) while remaining dynamic. As a high-energy organisation, it means everyone can make a meaningful impact in the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative, and unconventional. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best! We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life. Equal Opportunities
Pax8 are an equal opportunities employer and welcome individuals who are in possession of the appropriate requirements to work within the country the role is offered in. Offered individuals will be asked to undertake identity, security compliance and reference checks. Your privacy is important to us. Your data will be held in accordance with GDPR best practices and processed only in accordance with our recruiting processes.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice (https://www.pax8.com/en-uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice/) #LI-Hybrid | #LI-Remote #LI-LC1