About this role:
Elevate your career by joining our vibrant global bank, where opportunities for personal and professional growth abound. We are actively seeking an exceptional individual to take on the role of Facilitation Lead within our EMEA Onboarding Facilitation team. Beyond just a job, this is your chance to become a crucial part of an extraordinary journey with Wells Fargo.
The EMEA Facilitation team is a centralized Client Onboarding function that assists Front Office Sales and Trading desks across multiple locations (EMEA, APAC, US). The primary focus of the role will be onboarding of Institutional Clients and Funds as well as access enablement of customers on external electronic trading platforms such as Bloomberg and Tradeweb. The role will also include other onboarding tasks and functions, driving initiatives, and providing solutions that will have an impact on customer experience and risk mitigation.
Reporting to and working closely with the International Client Lifecycle Management Onboarding Execution Manager as a Funds Specialist you will be part of a team of facilitation specialists managing onboarding activities across multiple CIB lines of business. You will play a crucial role in facilitating the onboarding process for institutional clients, be responsible for ensuring the seamless integration of wholesale clients into the bank's system, with a specific focus on funds related activities. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of Fund structure, regulatory requirements, and operational processes.
Immerse yourself in our award-winning culture, where inclusivity isn't just accepted; it's celebrated. At Wells Fargo, you'll be embraced by a dynamic global bank that combines excellence and a sense of belonging, creating a workplace culture where you can truly thrive.
Now is the time to embark on a rewarding journey with us, where your expertise will shape the future of international finance and contribute to the success of our growing bank. Apply now to be part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and impactful decision-making.
In this role, you will:
- Initiate the Client Onboarding process for both new legal relationships and funds of existing customers with internal teams such as the documentation, AML and credit teams. Track progress and provide status of onboarding request to the request initiator.
- Support the EMEA and APAC Equities, Bonds, Rates Derivatives and FX Businesses in enabling electronic trading connectivity with their customers on external trading platforms such as Bloomberg and Tradeweb. Maintenance of sales and trading staff data in both internal and external systems to fulfil our regulatory transaction reporting obligations.
- Directly engage with Institutional Clients, building strong relationships with the asset manager client base.
- Deliver high standards of client service while ensuring that all internal (Risk) and external (Compliance) standards and requirements are met.
- Effectively escalate and remediate issues and make sound risk decisions with emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- Navigate the Wells Fargo organization, across divisions, to deliver timely and accurate issue resolution to complex, business critical issues which may include communication with senior stakeholders within Ops and the BU.
- Partner with daily processing teams to identify key Ops issues, trends and efficiency opportunities that can be addressed with clients with the goal of enhancing STP.
- Review completeness of legal documentation and requirements and approving customers to trade regulated products.
- Well versed in the in the intricacies of Investment Managers and fund trading and its impact on KYC processes including set up across different jurisdictions.
- In-depth comprehension of the distinctions between private and regulated funds as well as fund structures e.g: UCITS, SICAV's, Open ended investment funds etc.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of fund structures based on client needs and regulatory requirements.
- Extensive experience of onboarding different client types: Financial Institutions particularly Investment Manager clients / Funds, Banks, Corporates, SPVs.
- Experience working on electronic trading enablement in external platforms such as Bloomberg, Tradeweb etc.
- Experience working within Client Onboarding, preferable as a Facilitator within the Equities, Bonds Rates & FX lines of business.
- An understanding of the regulatory implications of FATCA, CRS, Dodd Frank, EMIR, MiFID II regulations.
- Technical understanding of transaction lifecycle in Equities, Bonds, FX and Rates Derivatives.
- Proven track record of conducting specialized or enhance due diligence concerning investment managers and funds.
- Identify and assess potential risks associated with fund onboarding and communicate effectively with risk management teams.
- Assess and manage operational risks associated with fund activities.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve fund onboarding processes, collaborating with cross-functional teams to implement enhancements.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new tools or technologies to increase efficiency.
- Experience in Institutional Investment Operations, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in fund operations within a wholesale banking or capital markets environment.
- Strong understanding of fund structures, financial instruments, and capital market activities.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements impacting fund operations.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
Posting End Date:
28 Mar 2024
- Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.