About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Financial Crimes Specialist
As a core member of our dynamic team, you won't just contribute to the efforts against financial crimes - you'll lead the charge.
Our initiatives to combat bribery and corruption (ABC) and anti-tax evasion (ATE) are at the heart of your responsibilities, and your impact will be far-reaching.
Your role as a Senior Financial Crimes Specialist will put you at the forefront of investigations, high-stakes research, and the unearthing of complex financial crimes transactions. You'll be tasked with researching policy violations and unmasking suspicious situations, all with a high, to moderate level of risk involved.
You'll progress the evaluation of policies, procedures, processes, and controls, and you'll be the linchpin in making them more effective. Collaborating with internal audit and testing teams, you'll become the go-to expert, making every day an opportunity to solve complex problems. You'll devise innovative strategies, minimize financial crime risks, and maximize profits, all while interacting with people who share your passion for success. Your role isn't just about looking into the past - it's about shaping the future.
If you're passionate about making a difference in the world of financial crimes, this role is your passport to a rewarding career path. Join us at Wells Fargo, and become a pivotal player in our team as we work to protect our financial system.
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in moderately complex ABC and anti-tax evasion ('ATE') initiatives and deliverables within functional area and contribute to large-scale planning related to functional area deliverables
- Investigate, research, examine, and report complex financial crimes transactions, policy violations and suspicious situations with high levels of risk
- Perform risk and control evaluation reviews in the Wells Fargo risk and control system and update risk and control records, assess inherent and residual risks and adjust ratings accordingly.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and internal controls
- Liaise with and act as the point of contact for ABC/ATE for internal audit and testing teams
- Review, draft and update existing and new financial crime controls, processes, policies, procedures
- Collate, download and update ABC and tax evasion MI/data dashboards for key stakeholders
- Conduct ABC and ATE desktop risk and control reviews, review findings, determine risk level and recommend resulting ABC and ATE prevention strategies.
- Perform investigative research, root cause assessment and consulting regarding highly complex financial crimes transactions, policy violations and suspicious situations with moderate to high risk
- Perform detailed examination to detect transactional and relationship patterns, trends, anomalies and schemes across multiple businesses or products
- Act as an escalation point for more complex ABC and ATE cases
- Partner closely with matrix teams and senior management to develop strategies to minimize financial crime portfolio risk through innovative methods with the ultimate goal of maximizing profits
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and mid-level managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Develop and deliver ABC and ATE training material for individuals involved in issue detection
- Interact internally and externally to conduct investigations or to address risk management
- Have strong excel, PowerPoint and all round IT skills
- Experience in Anti-Bribery, Corruption, tax evasion, Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Fraud, Sanctions, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifications / work experience
- Financial Crime compliance certification for example ICA, ACAMS
- Post-graduate qualification(s)
Posting End Date:
10 Feb 2024
- Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.