Who we're looking for
Within this role you will work to ensure the integrity of custody and cash position data and the complete reconciliation, investigation and allocation of all breaks in cash and securities.
You will also liaise with an array of operational teams to ensure that breaks are investigated and resolved and that issues are tracked to resolution.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines and a strong interest in learning and harnessing technology.
You will be flexible, creative and curious enough to take on a challenge, rather than tick off set tasks on a to-do list.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our Schroders Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
- Accountable for allocated portfolios, proactive investigation and timely follow up of queries arising from internal stakeholders, clients, counterparties, custodians and administrators;
- Perform custody transaction and position reconciliation against internal records;
- Maintain ownership of daily cash and stock breaks by conducting investigation on differences, and monitoring through timely resolution with processing teams and custodians/administrators;
- Perform outstanding OTC bilateral collateral and outstanding position reconciliation, outstanding fixed deposit positions, between internal and counterparty records and monitor through breaks resolution in a timely manner;
- Daily reconciliation of Treasury trade confirmations;
- Requesting statements of holdings and balances from custodians and fund transfer agents;
- Validate and update internal records with relevant transactions, such as fees and income;
- Work through high volumes, prioritise, and manage workload according to risk or deadlines;
- Escalate potential problems before they become a risk;
- Meet the needs of our business partners and internal clients; and Assist in the training of staff; and
- Provide specialist product knowledge; contribute to department and Company initiatives and projects.
Skills and Behaviours Required:
- Experience in cash and stock reconciliation via Swift, and in manual reconciliation;
- Strong and proven investigations skills preferred (liaising with internal & external parties);
- Familiar with equities, fixed income and derivative products;
- Proficient in basic software notably Excel;
- Understanding of operational risks and control frameworks;
- Wider experience in Banking / Asset Management and understanding of the end-to-end asset lifecycle
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties;
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self-improvement opportunities;
- Able to navigate the team through changes and maintain an innovative culture
We recognise potential, whoever you are
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to clients through active management. Diversity of thought facilitated by an inclusive culture will allow us to make better decisions and better achieve our purpose. This is why inclusion and diversity are a strategic priority for us and why we are an equal opportunities employer: you are welcome here regardless of your age, disability, gender identity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, socio-economic background or any other protected characteristics