More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Accounts Associate/Accounts Preparation Audit - Reading, Milton Keynes, Manchester or Liverpool
- you will be required to go into the office once or twice a week*
In Accounting Services, you'll join a friendly team as you support a wide variety of clients, by providing a range of services, including the preparation of annual and management accounts, bookkeeping and VAT returns.
Depending on your interests, the role will give the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas; VAT and Corporation Tax compliance, trust and charity accounts, service charge and grant certification work, bookkeeping and management accounts, cloud based software implementation and support, preparation of annual accounts for external audit and preparing group consolidations.
We're happy to talk about flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares. We'll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an Associate within our Accounting Services team, you'll get involved by doing the following:
- Assist senior members of the team with, and take the lead on, the preparation of statutory accounts for a wide variety of companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Ensure a smooth process for all teams by communicating with internal teams such as audit and tax to manage deadlines and expectations
- Build good rapport with clients, with a clear understanding of client business, challenges, and expectations and using this knowledge to identify areas where we can help them
- Support with other ad hoc accounting projects as they arise
Knowing you're right for us
To join us as an Accounting Services Associate you must be part way through your AAT or just about to start your ACA/ACCA qualification. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box as we'll help you develop along the way:
- Financial reporting (FRS 102) knowledge
- Strong communication skills as this is a client facing role
- Organisation is essential due to juggling ongoing client relationships and moving deadlines
- Knowledge of CaseWare functionality (mapping etc) is useful
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Mainly communicating via email, however you will also have to join calls with the client to resolve any issues
- Journal processing and understanding of double entry
- Ability to work in a team and have a flexible approach
Knowing we're right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job.
From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.