Senior Vice President, Control Manager
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We're seeking a future team member in the role of Senior Vice President, Control Manager to join our Operations Control Management team. This role is located in Manchester.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Working with senior stakeholders to identify key areas requiring risk and control focus and support.
- Establishing a plan of work that targets identified high risk areas and managing testing of key business controls to confirm the appropriate design and execution of controls
- Control and risk education
- Providing guidance with regards to the use of the risk framework.
- Flexibility and support to engage in ad-hoc pieces of risk work when the need arises.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Sufficient work experience preferred; experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
Key Word/Phrase and skills:
Control testing, advisory, multitask, adaptable, risk management, control, problem solving, proactive, risk culture, risk management, control management, audit, regulatory, risk framework, critical thinking, detail oriented, process improvement, automation, Stakeholder/Relationship Management, Client facing / Consultative experience
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.