In this role you will support the Head of Pricing, International Casualty and all underwriters across UK, Europe and APAC in all aspects of casualty pricing. International Casualty write upwards of $1.5bn of written premium worldwide, there will be ample opportunity to be involved across all aspects of this business unit. You will have exposure to both the Underwriting and Actuarial leadership teams through individual account pricing, quarterly business review meetings and annual business planning.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Ensure AXA XL is a leader in the field of technical pricing and portfolio management.
- Assist the Head of Pricing, International Casualty to maintain and improve the Pricing view of loss ratio for the portfolio.
- Challenge Actuarial and UW leadership, Reserving and Capital modelling.
- Drive appropriate consistency in pricing and portfolio analysis across International Casualty.
- Ensure efficiency of pricing processes, compliance with pricing guidelines and delivery of core tasks such as planning and core pricing metrics.
- Training of underwriters in pricing matters and support pricing accounts, including portfolio deals.
- Results and Metrics story telling in support of Finance Business Partners and Reserving.
- Gathering local UW data and analytics needs and problems.
- Leverage other AXA XL capabilities, e.g. Risk Consulting, Strategic Analytics and Enterprise Business Data Solutions
- Work with wider casualty team to complete tasks and assist development of junior team
SHARE your talent
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Significant experience of non-life insurance pricing
- Strong Influencing and negotiating skills
- Leadership skills to work collaboratively with colleagues to build consensus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal communications skills to gain buy-in to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external clients.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong ability to think strategically
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don't just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business - property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
At AXA XL we are happy to talk flexible working. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and consider flexible ways of working for every role. Talk to us about how we can make flexibility work for you.
Learn more at axaxl.com.
At AXA XL our approach to corporate responsibility (CR) is the same as our approach to business; constantly seeking to provide innovative solutions to the world's most complex problems. From offering our expertise, products and services to help build more resilient communities, to advancing understanding and response to climate change, our strategy - Our Impact. Our Future. - aligns key issues that are pertinent to our business - climate, water and financial resilience - and contributes to AXA Group's purpose to "Act for human progress by protecting what matters.".
- Climate: We're reducing our carbon footprint, protecting ecosystems and exploring how our business can help build a better world.
- Water: We're developing water resilience where it is - and will be - needed most.
- Financial resilience: We're helping create opportunities for the unemployed and underemployed, so they can be better prepared for unexpected changes.
- Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as our "Hearts in Action" programs.
For more information please see the Corporate Responsibility section on our website.
Diversity & Inclusion
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That's why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, while creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It's about helping one another - and our business - to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ , race/ethnicity, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.