The role holder will support the Head Sustainability Strategy and Disclosures in the design and day-to-day management of the process to facilitate Group sustainability-related Disclosures, both regulatory required and voluntary. An important function of this role is also to provide subject matter expertise in sustainability accounting and support to markets for single-market level reporting and disclosures and ensure consistency in narrative and content.
- Support the Head Sustainability Strategy and Disclosures in representing the team on strategic initiatives to improve process, infrastructure, and data for reporting. Feed into objectives and key performance indicators to be tracked at the Sustainability Operations Steering Committee.
- Support the embedding of the Sustainability Agenda across the Group by sharing relevant updates and information with internal stakeholders within CSO organisation and beyond.
- Liaise with Group Finance on the strategy for Group Disclosures, especially those linked to ISSB S1 and S2 (and future standards).
- Stay updated on latest regulatory and industry developments on sustainability accounting and disclosures and share relevant information with internal stakeholders.
- Support in drafting the sustainability-related chapters of Group disclosures. This includes but is not limited to the Annual Report, UN PRB reporting, CDP reporting. Support will include crafting narrative on our Sustainable Aspirations and progress and requires a detailed understanding of our aspirations, plans and metrics used to measure progress. Act as the subject matter expert in sustainability (including carbon) accounting and ISSB/IFRS reporting and related SASB Standards.
- Provide assurance to sections of sustainability-related chapters drafted by internal partners to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Input as subject matter expert to regulatory consultations on sustainability-related disclosures and help to define the Bank's position.
- Provide support on engagement with key stakeholders on content in our reporting and disclosures. This includes drafting presentations, contributions to surveys and attending key meetings with external stakeholders.
- Support proper governance for processes owned by the Global Sustainability Engagement and Disclosures Team - this will include contributing to relevant policies and standards as well as process flows and departmental operating instructions.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Sustainability Team; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures; Multiple functions (double hats).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree (BA or equivalent), preferably in a related discipline to Sustainability
- Working experience in ESG/sustainability-related role, with sustainability accounting experience with GHG Protocol, PCAF or other common industry standards
- Experience in disclosures and external reporting
- Experience and/or in-depth knowledge of frameworks (e.g. ISSB/IFRS/TCFD/TPT/TNFD)
- Strong understanding of banking industry trends in sustainability and knowledge of key disclosures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and experience briefing senior stakeholders
- Excellent presentation design skills (PowerPoint)
- Strong in process design and experience in process improvement or management
- Strong stakeholder management, engaging with a variety of stakeholders regularly
- Flexible and resilient, able to work in ambiguous situations to deliver on time
- Team focussed, able to contribute to positive working relationships and collaboration across teams
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers