EMEA Assistant Tax Manager
At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses - small, medium, or large - thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow's world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About the Role
We are looking for an Assistant Tax Manager to sit in London (preferred in London but not required for the right candidate) and complete tax responsibilities of the tax function in Europe. You will report to the EMEA Tax Director and work directly with the members of the EMEA Direct and Indirect Tax Teams, plus the VP, Global Head of Tax and Senior Tax Director located in the US. Responsibilities will include overseeing the monthly, quarterly, and annual compliance process and ensure WeWork remains compliant with all Direct Tax filings in the region. Countries under your supervision will include the Germany, Italy, Spain, Czechia and may be required to support in other territories. This position is also responsible for tax accounting analyses and calculations, planning and analysis, financial reporting, and special project support. You will balance multiple deadlines and interact with various operating groups within the organization. The ideal candidate has experience of tax compliance, preparing a tax provision, is a quick learner and able to balance multiple priorities. The role is permanent.
For all countries under your supervision, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the annual, quarterly, and/or monthly direct corporate tax compliance, currently prepared by an outside service provider.
- Manage the preparation of the annual income tax provision for inclusion in the consolidated U.S. GAAP financial statements.
- Collaborate with the HQ tax team to automate and simplify the income tax provision process.
- Identify and document book-to-tax differences, reconcile tax filings to tax provisions, maintain tax basis balance sheets, and test deferred tax balances.
- Update and maintain documentation in support of various tax attributes, including tax loss carry forwards, tax credits, and valuation allowances.
- Maintain compliance with all intercompany agreement requirements, calculations, and payments.
- Monitor new tax legislation and regulations to determine impact to the company and advise on restructuring, as needed.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks with sensitive deadlines while ensuring accuracy and overall efficiency.
- Maintain transfer pricing documentation requirements.
- Support financial reporting and SOX (internal controls) documentation.
- Participate in special projects as needed
- 2+ years of Tax experience
- Big 4 and/or large multi-national in-house tax department experience preferred
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of UK and international tax rules and compliance
- Familiarity with tax laws, tax treaties, tax withholding, and financing structures
- Ability to work independently with problem solving and analytical skills and have ability to recognize and recommend solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate tax concepts to non-tax colleagues
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Ability to build strong collaborative working relationships, internally and externally
Being a WeWork employee is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you-because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups, or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.