Master Data Management Product Analyst
The Fitch Group Chief Data Office (CDO) team is seeking a Master Data Management (MDM) Product Analyst to join us in London.
We're looking for a delivery-focused individual to help define the vision and roadmap for the way we master data in support of internal and external business needs.
In this role, you'll report to the MDM Product Owner and partner with business leads and commercial product owners to address stakeholder challenges. You will support the Product Owner in managing an agile team to build the targeted solutions that will provide the biggest improvements in experience and return on investment. You'll help us to integrate the latest technology to modernize our data management over time.
You're a great fit if you can see the big picture to define a long-term plan - and break that work into small, prioritized chunks that allow the team to demonstrate incremental value. Strong relationship-building and communication skills are a must, as you'll work directly with stakeholders to articulate the value of MDM, gather and provide feedback at critical points, and own responsibility for multiple milestones and deliverables.
We'll Count on You To:
- Helps champion and advocate for the MDM data product
- Supports the definition of the strategy and direction of the MDM program, based on input from the business, risk and impact assessments, and available resources, along with a roadmap that articulates the objectives and measurable improvements to support key business goals
- Works hand-in-hand with stakeholders to understand their challenges, opportunities, and priorities and factors them into detailed business and functional requirements
- Possess subject-matter-expertise on the end-to-end MDM process and how it relies on multiple teams and connection points to tightly connect and realize value from raw data to customer
- Develop high quality presentations that will be used to explain to senior management the overall strategy and target roadmap for the program
- Own the backlog and prioritization of work items by aligning them to agile stories that guide the development team's schedule and align to the roadmap
- Help manage the agile team to instill a customer-centric mindset, with an eye towards innovation as well as reducing technical debt
- Develop collaborative relationships at multiple different levels and functions across the organization which have interconnects with the MDM program
What You Need to Have:
- Proven track record in master data management
- Relevant financial services industry experience in financial and master data sources
- Strong knowledge of entity and fixed income data, including major third-party vendor providers in those domains
- Demonstrable history of capturing requirements and delivering multi-strand initiatives, and the skills to balance strategic needs while focusing on the customer
- Flexible mindset with an ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with stakeholders at all levels
- Comfortable in matrixed organizations with a proven track record of generating positive returns on investment
- Exceptional teamwork, coordination, organization, and planning skills
- Self-driven, confident and able to work at pace, to make decisions and eliminate defects
- Bachelor's required
What Would Make You Stand Out:
- Ratings' Agency experience a plus
- Experience of working in the fixed income operations or middle office function of a bank
- Experience of implementing in-house or third-party MDM software, such as Informatica
- Agile practitioner capabilities and experience working with or in agile teams
At Fitch Group, the combined power of our global perspectives is what differentiates us. Our global network of colleagues comes together to accomplish things greater than they ever could alone.
Every team member is essential to our business and each perspective is critical to our success. We embrace a diverse culture that encourages a free exchange of ideas, guaranteeing your voice will be heard and your work will have an impact, regardless of seniority.
We are building incredible things at Fitch and we invite you to join us on our journey.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites:
www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.