Fitch Ratings' Funds & Asset Management group is currently seeking an Analyst or a Senior Analyst based out of our London office.
Fitch Ratings' Funds & Asset Management group is a global team responsible for fund ratings analysis, methodology and model development, and publication of research on analytical and regulatory developments affecting the asset management sector. The group analyzes and publishes research on private equity fund finance and securitizations, leveraged closed end funds (CEFs), money market funds (MMFs), bonds funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), local government investment pools (LGIPs), and asset managers.
What We Offer:
- A flexible work environment with the ability to work remotely for up to two days per week
- Great development opportunities
- Challenging and rewarding work within a collaborative environment
- The individual who fills this position will support senior team members and have the opportunity to take on increasing responsibilities covering the group's sub-sectors.
We'll Count on You To:
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative factors influencing the credit quality of funds and structured transactions, including portfolio analysis
- Review legal documentation for transactions, including indentures, prospectuses, etc.
- Develop financial models and databases
- Participate in on-site due diligence review meetings with fund managers
- Present rating recommendations to committees
- Contribute to research on relevant trends affecting the sectors the group covers
- Participate in industry events and interact with investors, bankers, fund managers, and other market participants
What You Need to Have:
- Some experience in finance, with exposure to funds, structured finance transactions, or debt underwriting or lending a plus; the position level will be based on the candidate's experience
- Sound academic track record to at least first university degree level, preferably in finance, economics, statistics, accounting, or computer science
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What Would Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with fund finance, including subscription facilities or NAV loans; or experience with structured finance or lending
- Knowledge of SQL, VBA, and/or other programming languages
- Demonstrated track record of initiative and achievement
At Fitch Group, the combined power of our global perspectives is what differentiates us. Our global network of colleagues comes together to accomplish things greater than they ever could alone.
Every team member is essential to our business and each perspective is critical to our success. We embrace a diverse culture that encourages a free exchange of ideas, guaranteeing your voice will be heard and your work will have an impact, regardless of seniority.
We are building incredible things at Fitch and we invite you to join us on our journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables our clients to make important credit judgements with confidence.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites:
www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.