Financial Reporting Frameworks Manager
Hybrid working with up to 4 days per week working from home
Angel Court, London, Staines or Brighton
12-month fixed term contract
Circa £75K per annum dependent upon experience
Fantastic benefits including 10% Management Bonus Scheme
Full time 35 hours per week
Working in our Group function you'll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care not just in the UK but around the globe.
No matter your role, you'll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customers each and every day, by helping shape the strategic direction of our business around the world.
As a large Public Interest Entity, Bupa is developing its organisational response to the corporate reforms that were initially announced by BEIS and more recently taken forward by the Financial Reporting Council. This role will support Bupa in developing and implementing a proportionate response to these reforms, with a specific focus on developing organisational frameworks for Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, in response to new internal control requirements that are being incorporated into an updated UK Corporate Governance Code.
This role will support the Head of Group Finance Controls & Governance in the following areas:
1) Establishing methodologies and guidance and/or expanding existing methodologies for ICFR, including:
- Annual risk-based scoping
- ICFR documentation standards
- ICFR assurance and testing approaches and minimum standards
- Attestation and governance processes to support Board declarations on internal controls and risk management
2) Working with colleagues in other functions including Risk and Internal Audit, to ensure that ICFR frameworks align with existing enterprise-wide frameworks for risk management and internal control.
3) Communicating new requirements and framework changes to stakeholders including Market Unit Finance teams, Risk teams, Internal Audit, Technology and Sustainability teams.
4) Contributing to oversight groups including working groups, steering committees, and ongoing partnership with external advisors and project management functions.
5) Working with other Finance team members engaged in UK Corporate Reform on project initiatives, e.g:
- Market Unit risk & control uplift projects
- Enhancements to non-financial reporting and assurance mapping for non-financial reporting controls
What you'll bring:
- Accountancy (ACA/ACCA) or relevant internal controls qualification (e.g. Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors) - Preferred
- Experience of managing / developing financial control frameworks within large/complex organisations - Preferred
- Experience of US Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) reporting frameworks
- Partnering and stakeholder engagement experience
Our benefits are designed to make health happen for our people. Viva is our global wellbeing programme and includes all aspects of our health - from mental and physical, to financial, social and environmental wellbeing. We support flexible working and have a range of family friendly benefits.
Joining Bupa in this role you will receive the following benefits and more:
- 25 days holiday per year, pro rata to your contract.
- Access to a range of services to support your physical and mental wellbeing
- Fixed term benefits allowance
- Access to our confidential employee assistance programme
- Workplace pension
- Online discounts covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and more.
We're a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. Our people are all driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We make health happen by being brave, caring and responsible in everything we do.
We encourage all of our people to "Be you at Bupa", we champion diversity, and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. That's why we especially encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. We'll make sure you are treated fairly and offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Angel Court, London