What's the role?
As the Customs Specialist for GB and Ireland, you will ensure that the business maintains compliance with all relevant HMRC and Irish Customs and Excise regulations and conduct regular reviews of data integrity and updating of relevant processes.
What does the role involve?
As the Customs Specialist you will drive the optimization and reduction of foreign trade cost in line with quality and productivity targets and assure the adherence to export control requirements and trade compliance frameworks. You will observe and analyse the regulatory of the customs authorities and anticipate trends regarding foreign trade processes and systems in order to apply when necessary or beneficial.
You will drive the innovation of foreign trade systems and methods as well as the standardization and improvement of customs processes and Internal Compliance Programs (ICP), applying the foreign trade relevant process steps defined within GPMS ('SCM 3.7 Manage Foreign Trade'). You will audit external suppliers to make sure the declarations submitted to the government are accurate and trade groups are being used accurately.
What you need is:
- Degree in Business, International Trade, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management.
- Trade-related qualification (e.g: UK Customs Academy/BCC/BIFA/CILT)
- Proven experience within the import/export industry with knowledge of customs
- Practical experience of making declarations and handling all associated tasks
- Strong Microsoft and PC skills; including Access, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to use Excel for analysis
- Strong Analytical skills and mathematical aptitude required
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Willingness to develop continuously in order to stay up to date with current customs laws and regulations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and the willingness to work in operational and office environment
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you've never worked in sales or construction, that's fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a reward package that reflects this. Some of our benefits include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- Competitive salary and above-average performance bonus
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Free parking