Financial Reporting and Controls Manager Location:
Bristol + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54751
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Financial Reporting & Controls Manager at our Bristol site.
As a Financial Reporting and Controls Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Leading the Mission Systems Sector finance function, in developing and maintaining technical accounting judgements and supporting papers; ensuring financial governance and controls requirements for Sector are appropriately documented and actions set to achieve a strong and robust financial controls environment.
Day to day, you'll be expected to provide technical accounting leadership to the sector in developing accounting positions, as well as oversee the external and internal audit process and procedures on behalf of MS alongside Babcock Group:
- Preparation / review of technical accounting papers.
- Lead the finance governance and control activity for the sector to ensure compliance with Group policies.
- Act as the main point of contact in developing accounting positions across new contract opportunities.
- Support the MS sector through audit requirements in conjunction with the wider finance team.
This role is a full-time position that is contracted thirty-seven hours a week and will be based at our Bristol site, with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential Experience of the Financial Reporting and Controls Manager:
- Outstanding technical accounting skills, with the ability to apply them in the context of complex businesses and contracts.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to prepare and present quality accounting papers to senior management and external auditors.
- Experience of working with multisite teams and ability to work with people inside and outside of finance, including being able to articulate complex accounting matters in a simplified way.
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills with track record of collaborating and working with individuals at multiple levels of an organisation.
- Demonstratable knowledge of IFRS15 and long-term contract accounting.
Qualifications for the Financial Reporting and Controls Manager:
- You must hold a recognised accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, ACMA, ICAEW, ICAS).
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 14/02/2024