An Introduction to Primer
The 21st century has witnessed remarkable expansion within the payments ecosystem with the introduction of new payment services, growth in cross-border commerce, and the development of multi-payment processor payment strategies.
The bottom line is that payment is no longer just another step in the purchasing funnel but a strategic asset that can drive business growth and innovation.
Enter Primer - the world's first unified payment infrastructure, empowering businesses worldwide to unleash their payment potential. By choosing our platform, merchants can take control over their payment stack, create unique commerce experiences, accelerate their roadmap and increase payment success.
Primer's enterprise-grade infrastructure, frameworks, and tooling allow merchants to unify their disparate payment solutions and services to build optimised payment flows tailored to their unique business needs with no code or additional complexity. We strive to make something complex incredibly simple and intuitive.
Our success so far has been reflected in the trust placed in us by category leaders such as Printify, NewLook, Voi, and Dabble, who are using Primer to transform their payments into a growth lever. Moreover, the world's top investors, including Accel, Balderton, Iconiq, and Tencent, have also invested in Primer's vision to rebuild payments and commerce from the ground up.
Join us in shaping the future of payments and commerce. Let's pave the way for a world where businesses can fully realise their payment potential.
What's the role?
Primer is seeking a highly talented and motivated FP&A Manager to play a pivotal role in scaling the business and handling complex daily problems.
The successful candidate will own key processes essential to the heartbeat of Primer. This is a highly visible role responsible for driving the reporting and analysis of Primer's performance. You will also build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective management and communication of progress.
What are the key job responsibilities?
- Drive reporting, processes and discipline for finance routines to shape and influence decision-making (e.g. budget, forecast, monthly reviews, long-range plans)
- Build and own models for in-depth analyses, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy
- Design and implement metrics to measure efficiency and ROI of investments in headcount and non-headcount expenses
- Own the execution of Board of Directors materials alongside with the Revenue Operations function
- Go deep on understanding business drivers, trends and develop insights and analysis across segments and cohorts to understand trends and proactively identify areas of opportunity and risks
- Lead the design, implementation, and evolution of financial models, systems, and tools including the implementation of an FP&A tools to automate and decentralized the FP&A function at company level.
What skills will make you successful?
- Critical thinking with a keen analytical eye and experience building integrated models from scratch (in Excel, Gsheets or other planning applications) and working with large sets of complex data and sources of information
- Experience driving and executing on finance processes (e.g. budget, forecast reviews, month end close)
- Exceptional analytical capabilities and business acumen with the ability to simplify and distill complex business information in a consumable way
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with the business while effectively working cross functionally to drive alignment especially with Revenue Ops, Product Ops and People Ops
- Ability to maintain high performance under tight timelines and a "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get any job done
- Finance minded with strong operational focus to drive process, systems, and execution in a scalable and repeatable way.
- Capability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
What are we looking for?
- 5-7 years of Finance or a related analytical field experience in Consulting
- Experience working at a high-growth technology or financial services company
- Experience implementing and working with ERP systems and FP&A tools
- Experience navigating and configuring SFDC data, reporting, dashboards, etc.
- FinOps - Cloud management experience
What's the culture like at Primer?
We're building a culture where people can come and do their best work and enjoy it. We want our people to be proud of the impact that they have at Primer, and of the work that they are doing. You will be working with a team of people who are mission-driven, smart, and reflective, and who are invested in building exceptional products and delivering success for our merchants (and we also know how to have fun along the way).
We work remotely. We believe that building a successful, profitable company goes beyond proximity. We invest in our relationships with each other through great remote working practices and thoughtfully designed face-to-face time together. Our heads-together time comes in the form of workstations, our annual company retreat, and co-working space access worldwide.
Finally, let's go ahead and say it. The work that we do is challenging. Startups are a challenge, building category defining products is a challenge. You should be prepared for a challenge at Primer. But, there's a big difference between a challenge and a struggle. The key difference is that the right challenge comes with the right support structures, an acceptance that not everything always goes to plan, a collaborative environment, and a great team around you. It's never a challenge that you will face alone.
We are fully remote
Competitive share options
Uncapped holiday, with 25 days minimum to be taken
Co-working space access
Workations & company retreat
The best equipment for your role
£500 towards your home office setup
Generous learning budget
A broad set of additional perks and benefits (depending on location)
Don't meet every single requirement?
At Primer, we're dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the , we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles. Primer is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees, regardless of background or beliefs-see our diversity commitment statement for more details
Equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging policy
Primer adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.