Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. For the past 200 years at Citi, we have been helping clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today's modern financial infrastructure - this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world's most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to local needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by people with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, the wisdom and courage to do what's right, and the vision and forward compatibility to continuously evolve and innovate to support our clients' growth.
Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) has operations in over 40 countries with local expertise contributed by in-country commercial bankers. CCB embodies our unique purpose as a global bank of choice for trade oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity and efficiency in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision. CCB targets clients with revenues between US$10mm - US$3bn and supports a range of financial solutions: treasury and trade solutions; term and working capital financing, and foreign exchange and interest rate derivatives products.
CCB UK is a fast-growing business opportunity with a vision to significantly scale up. CCB UK serves predominantly mid-sized corporate clients with annual sales of approximately US$100mm - US$3bn who are operating internationally or have international ambitions. CCB UK also serves digital startups who wish to scale international operations rapidly.
The CCB UK cluster currently consists of over 400 clients served by a team of approximately 100.
By managing the CCB UK you will have full responsibility to execute the business strategy and manage the client P&L to ensure sustainable and predictable earnings with excellent client experience and risk management. Growth must be achieved within a sound control environment in which the business operates.
A key element of this position is to work in close partnership with Citi's global products, operations, and risk management at all levels (country, cluster and global) to establish and build the CCB franchise.
Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. The core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. With 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. Citi is the global bank - an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
- Lead a holistic banking business focused on mid-sized companies across the UK, develop and execute the business strategy and manage risk and compliance, as a member of the leadership in Citi UK, as well as the Global Commercial Banking Leadership team.
- Drive client-centric solutions to differentiate Citi in the marketplace and achieve substantial growth targets for the business.
- Ensure strong partnerships and cross selling opportunities with banking products, cash management, foreign exchange, credit, capital markets and wealth management to deliver comprehensive services and solutions for clients.
- Build and develop a high performing team. Attract, motivate, develop and retain superior executive and diverse talent.
- Member of the Global Commercial Banking Executive Committee.
- Partner with cluster leaders of other lines of business within Banking as well as other Citi products (Markets, Services and Wealth) to share best practices and drive commercial banking strategies and solutions globally.
- Partner with Compliance/Audit to ensure the appropriate regulations are followed and audit processes are successful.
- Partner with Risk to ensure Citi is effectively serving its customers, while managing Citi's risk exposure across the entire Commercial Banking portfolio.
- Establish and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with independent risk, business risk, compliance and other relevant groups within Citi.
- Corporate Banking or Commercial Banking experience.
- Strong ability to understand both Citi's and CCB's Strategy, Value Proposition and Products.
- Strong corporate finance skills and solid understanding of investment banking products and services, including capital markets and derivatives.
- Future compatible and client-centric mindset: sharp awareness of present and future client needs.
- Strong and clear vision of CCB's future, based on deep industry and market insight.
- Strong collaboration and partnership focus to drive innovative change.
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills at all levels.
- Strong focus in leading with vision, compassion and understanding.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across Citi, including Independent Risk.
- High level of curiosity to continuously identify market trends and disruptions that impact CCB and/or its clients and ability to shift strategy to stay competitive.
- Strong execution and implementation ability.
- Ability to evaluate multiple long and short-term strategies and priorities and effectively make trade-offs to achieve strategic business goals.
- Must be aware of the region's economic environment.
- Proven and extensive experience leading large teams, with the ability to motivate and coach Bankers and drive performance.
- Exemplary leadership skills to engage diverse teams to partner and work together.
- Committed to Diversity and Inclusion.
- Significant proven experience managing and leading in a commercial or corporate banking environment.
- Senior Credit Officer at Citi / or Strong Risk Skills from a global/well known bank.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's preferred.
- Prior experience transforming an organization with ability to lead through change.
- Ability to negotiate risk appetite and business strategy.
- Comprehensive understanding of the industry, with an advanced understanding of, and experience with, all related banking and investment products.
- Prior experience managing in a large, complex and matrix organization across multiple disciplines, including leading a sales force and field organization.
- Proven execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive significant revenue/profit growth and operational change across a diversified geographical footprint and large employee base.
- Ability to set effective goals and demonstrated ability to consistently enforce sales and performance management disciplines.
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Senior Management Function pursuant to the FCA and PRA Senior Managers Regime. The Senior Managers Regime is one element of the FCA and PRA Individual Accountability Regime which came into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Senior Managers Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles, designated as a Senior Management Function, where the individual is referred to as a Senior Manager, are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role. As a Senior Manager your appointment must be pre-approved by the FCA and/or PRA before you perform any regulated activity. Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
Honesty, integrity and reputation
Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Senior Manager Function, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Senior Manager Function role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Senior Management Function. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other relevant background checks.
Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting