Motorway is the UK's fastest-growing used car marketplace - our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal. Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world's leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
What you'll be doing:
We're looking for a Finance Business Partner to join Motorway during a very exciting time of growth and scale. Working closely with business leaders, you will help drive business performance, identify and roll-out financial improvements, support the forecasting and budgeting process, and report on the performance of the business.
You will also partner with various stakeholders on strategic / commercial projects for the business; this could involve supporting teams during commercial negotiations, involvement in M&A activity, as well as adhoc commercial support as needed.
This is the perfect role for someone who wants to be part of a fast growing team, with lots of opportunity to make a huge impact. Responsibilities include;
- Building trusted relationships with your business partners to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions that steer business improvements and cost reductions.
- Ensuring that drivers of performance are well understood by business leaders.
- Aiding decision making with data and insight, presenting in a clear, concise and engaging manner.
- Building and maintaining key reporting metrics that drive business performance.
- Supporting the delivery of the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasting process.
- Providing monthly updates on financial performance with variance analysis to plan, looking for ways to improve processes and outputs.
- Contributing to ad hoc financial projects as required as part of the overall finance function.