Client Regulatory Services; New Client Business Team
Client Onboarding and Regulatory Services (CORS) is an Operations group within Shared Services. The group covers Client Onboarding, Market Regulations, KYC and Refresh. CORS have a global footprint with offices in Hong Kong, Bangalore, Tokyo, London, Glasgow, Baltimore, and New York.
We are seeking an experienced leader within Market Regulations which is responsible for adherence to client regulatory requirements at the point of onboarding the clients relationship with Morgan Stanley. This includes life cycle remediation specific to market regulations such as MIFID II, SFTR, UMR, Dodd Frank, EMIR, etc.
The Market Regulations team is comprised of regulatory SMEs that provide support and regulatory control for global Business Units as well as a variety of stakeholders across the Firm. The team supports regulatory projects across asset classes, business units or product lines, jurisdictions and actively partners with compliance and legal to ensure that new or amended regulations and processes are implemented and controlled appropriately across the Firm. This actively drives the reviews, processing, maintenance of regulatory data and documents, ensuring regulatory reporting setups are in place.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
This is a leadership role at a VP level role, managing the day to day of EMEA Market Regulations Operations team. Core activities will include:
- Supervise daily activities of the team and ensure deliverables are being met in a timely manner.
- Provide governance, supervision and escalation oversight on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with Legal, Compliance, BU, Operations and Technology to review upcoming regulations, create solutions, drive consensus, and oversee implementation in systems and processes.
- Ensure that European regulations (SFTR, EMIR, MiFID II and UMR) are correctly adhered to with the controls established and implemented across Compliance and Onboarding.
- Management and production of key KRI and KPI metrics.
- Proactively explore tactical and strategic solutions to identified and close control gaps.
- Sample test / 4 eye review critical regulatory processing and or exception related processes.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner to regional and global leads.
- Global Connectivity- Establish and cultivate excellent working relationships with regional teams and internal stakeholders across various jurisdictions. What we are looking for:
- Strong subject knowledge in EMEA and UK centric market regulations, including but not limited to: MiFID II, EMIR, SFTR, Transaction Reporting
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and develop teams
- Set and drive regional team strategy
- Ability to manage small and large-scale regional change initiatives
- Strong senior level stakeholder management experience
- Ability to multi-task and oversee delivery of multiple initiatives and BAU issues
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Exceptional organisational skills and deadline management
- Sound risk and control mindset, excellent judgement, and ability to prioritise
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and coaching skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to seamlessly interact with the Business units, Compliance, and other key stakeholders
- Ability to quickly digest new information and learn new businesses and processes
- Ability to effectively manage time pressures and competing business priorities
What we offer:
- An international environment and future career opportunities within our division
- Significant role in defining process quality metrics and outputs
- Possibility to learn about the financial markets and global regulations
- Participation in major, global projects related to regulatory changes which have been re-shaping the financial industry
- Welcoming and inclusive environment, strong corporate values and work ethics
- Extensive training offerings
- Active social life, the possibility to join diverse employee networks
Certified Persons Regulatory Requirements:
This role is deemed as a Certified role and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal mobility can be a way to grow your career and realize your professional potential. Typically, you must be in your position for at least 18 months and performing satisfactorily before applying for another job at the Firm. Internal applicants can find out more regarding career navigation, mobility guidelines and policy on our employee portal by clicking here.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.