Job description and person specification
Exciting opportunity to join Beazley’s Finance Change team. We are looking for an Adaptive Modeller.
Who We Are
Beazley is a specialist insurance company with over 30 years’ experience helping people, communities and businesses to manage risk all around the world. Our mission is to provide beautifully designed insurance, innovating to give our clients the maximum benefit with minimum hassle.
Our products are wide ranging, from cyber & tech insurance to marine, healthcare, financial institutions and contingency; covering risks such as the weather, film production or protection from deadly weapons.
We employ over 1,500 people globally, hosting a wonderful diversity of cultures, experiences and backgrounds. We are proud of our family-feel culture at Beazley that empowers our staff to work from when and where they want, in an adult environment that’s big on collaboration, diversity of thought & personal accountability.
Our three core values inspire the way we work and how we treat our people & customers - 1) Be bold 2) Strive for better 3) Do the right thing. Upholding these values every day has enabled us to become an innovative and responsive organisation in touch with the changing world around us - our ambitious L&D & Sustainability targets are testament to this.
We encourage internal career progression at Beazley, giving you all the tools you need to drive your own career here, such as iLearn (our own learning & development platform), LinkedIn Learning, our mentorship program and external qualification sponsorship. As a Beazley employee, you also get access to our fantastic array of benefits which include commuting reimbursement, free in-office lunch, six months parental leave and a lifestyle allowance, amongst many others.Adaptive ModellerDivision:
As per Beazley’s organisation chart Key Relationships:
Finance Leadership Team, Finance Global Business Management, Finance Business Partners, Support Function Heads, Modernisation Delivery Leads, Corporate Development & other Business Users.General
It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere Beazley’s core values - Being Bold, Striving for Better & Doing the Right Thing. We also expect Beazley employees to:
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct
- Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups
Responsible for supporting the Senior Adaptive Modeller in the delivery of continuous improvement and maintenance of a complex Workday Adaptive solution.BAU Support
- Provide technical support to the BAU activities within a complex Adaptive solution in a post-production environment:
- Maintain updates and changes to modelling solutions to facilitate the resolution of support tickets, as well as feature enhancements and new feature design.
- Support the Super Users in the triage of modelling solutions for feature enhancements and new feature designs.
- Assist Super Users in performing data mappings and integrations
- Assist Super Users in the maintenance of versions, access & permission rules, assumptions, and sheets
- Support the Senior Adaptive Modeller to perform system health-checks and enhance model configuration and processes
- Support the Senior Adaptive Modeller to proactively, leverage Workday Adaptive Planning’s system upgrades as appropriate
Centre of Excellence
- Facilitate the realisation of the product road map:
- Work with the stakeholders for each use case, to capture the end-user requirements, in collaboration with the wider platform architecture team.
- Support the Senior Adaptive Modeller to execute the design and configuration of system enhancements in Adaptive Planning.
- Documentation, review, and education:
- Show active listening and participate in team standups, planning sessions and retrospectives to drive strategic conversations (pros, cons, issues, obstacles, dependencies, value associated)
- Evaluate the feasibility of stakeholder requirements and translate complex technical Adaptive concepts into non-technical recommendations
- Ensure that all system functions, processes, capabilities, guidelines are well-known to main stakeholders as well as quality and change control standards are met from a technical perspective
- Develop your own network and stay up-to-date with the Adaptive community & Workday for any system upgrades and support queries.
- To document and maintain system design and configuration notes.
These are in addition to the Core Competencies:
- Strives to exceed the expectations of the client and actively seeks feedback
- Delivery of timely & accurate MI to all stakeholders, adding value at every opportunity
- Is outward and customer focused
- Confident in own skills and contribution; challenges the client so to support the client in achieving their optimal results
Core competencies in addition to those noted as specific requirements for the role and which are considered to be pertinent to the Expense team are as follows:
Integrity and Control
- Analytical Thinking: Logical analytical approach to rapidly changing data and situations. Considers wider implications across functions and varying scenarios to Beazley.
- Professionalism: Consistently demonstrates integrity, is highly credible, respectful and trustworthy and represents the expense team in a professional manner. Builds and maintains successful working relationships and is seen to go the extra mile
- Learning and development: Identifies strengths and weaknesses and seeks to improve performance. Recognises and takes responsibility for mistakes and learns from them. Continually seeks self-development opportunities. Regularly engages in self-assessment and gives/receives feedback to enhance personal awareness
- Adaptability: Effectively manages changing priorities in a dynamic environment. Seeks training opportunities to understand new working methods. Proves resilient in uncertain and difficult situations and adapts approach/plans/style as required.
- Responsibility and Accountability: Assumes full responsibility for the consequences of own behaviour and decisions. Delivers on commitments to clients demonstrating reliability and dependability. Admits mistakes and takes responsibility for correcting them.
- Communicating Effectively: Timely communication of new information to relevant parties. Adapts communication style / form as appropriate to the audience and illustrates an understanding of their experience and needs. Conveys complex information clearly and concisely. Persuades through uncovering shared benefits and outcomes, looking for mutually satisfactory solutions.
- Demonstrating Teamwork: Seeks collaboration as appropriate and shares knowledge/best practise and helps others when asked. Acknowledges when other members of the team are under comparatively increased pressure and volunteers to support them while maintaining responsibility for own tasks. Teaches new team members & coaches others; identifies opportunities for collaboration (NB: definition of team is extended beyond the expense team as appropriate).
- Innovative approach: Independently finds solutions to advanced problems and identifies potential barriers to solutions and provides alternatives. Challenges assumptions and “the way we have always done it”. Embraces change & communicates the benefits of change to others.
- Use business knowledge to identify potential errors with financial impact and take steps to prevent and/or correct such errors, highlighting where necessary to management.
- Act as a conduit between the Core Workday Development Team, the Finance department and other departments in order to maintain financial data integrity.
- Produce and maintain procedures documentation for own tasks.
Person SpecificationsPersonal Specification
We are a flexible and innovative employer offering a friendly, collaborative,
diverse and inclusive working environment. We actively encourage and expect applications from all backgrounds. We empower people to choose where to work given the work they need to do. Collaboration in office spaces is important but we do not mandate a set number of days in the office or from home - you decide what works best for you and the role you are in. Beazley will offer the person a competitive salary and discretionary bonus with a strong benefits package including commuting reimbursement, free in-office lunch, excellent parental leave and financial physical and mental wellbeing contributions among others.
Relevant qualifications and capabilities are listed as follows:Education and Qualifications
- “Workday Adaptive” Certified (need not be currently active)
- 3+ years of experience in Finance & IT
- Working towards “Workday Adaptive Platform” certification
- Certified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or Part Qualified Accountant with strong industry experience
- Good understanding of the Insurance industry, terminology and associated accounting standards.
- Any Workday Financials or Workday Prism certifications or experience
- Strong understanding of common financial reports and accounting principles.
- Great attention to detail, a well-structured, independent and proactive work ethic in a team environment with little supervision against timelines, deadlines and goals
- Ability and attitude to act agile, feel comfortable within a fast-paced environment, are willing to roll-up your sleeves, learn fast and take responsibility from day one
- Strong, clear, effective written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Problem solving / Decision making
- Creativity / Innovation
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Experience in using an EPM tool from an end-user perspective.
- Experienced in the gathering of requirements and the estimation of effort to deliver those requirements within Adaptive Planning.
- Proven track record in complex FP&A System Development and Administration of Adaptive Planning
- Strong service mentality and focus on building solutions to improve the experience of FP&A stakeholders
- Stakeholder management and relationship building
- Understanding of controls frameworks including documentation