Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Who will you be working with?
We are seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to join our team at the LH Group (a Division of Wabtec UK Ltd) based in Burton on Trent we support our customers through maintenance and operation optimisation with customised solutions for spare parts, repair, and overhaul activities on existing trains.
Role: Financial Accountant (Hybrid - 2 days home, 3 days office) Salary:
Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, (DE13 8EN)
Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:30pm and Friday 08:00am to 13:00pm, 37 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time
How will you make a difference?
Responsible for delivering monthly financial accounts, annual statutory accounts, and the management of external audit activities for the Operating Unit. Ensuring accurate and timely financial information to the Site Leadership team and UK Group. Helping maintain a robust control environment to ensure full auditability of financial data.
What will your typical day look like?
- Responsible for the month end management accounts submission into HFM
- Maintain the financial ledgers of the operating unit to support the month end reporting.
- Coordinate and support the Shared Service Team for month end and reporting activities.
- Support Accounts receivable activities and provide weekly cash forecasting for UK group.
- Monthly analyse and review of variances actuals vs budget/forecast.
- Ensure that overhead spend vs budget is communicated to budget holders monthly.
- Responsible for internal and external reporting requirements statutory accounts, VAT returns, National Statistics, and other reporting returns.
- Manage the completion of the Annual Taxation reports for the Operating Unit.
- Ensure compliance with group accounting policies and the relevant statutory accounting standards (UK & US GAAP)
- Manage the Operating Units Sarbanes-Oxley reporting requirements.
- Manage the chart of accounts and the cost centre structure of the Business.
What do we want to know about you?
- You will either be qualified by experience or part/fully qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential.
- Experienced with presenting financial data.
- IT literate and fully conversant with all Microsoft office applications and MRP.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills.
If you don't have all the above criteria don't worry, we would still like to hear from you as we live our values always put people first, and strive to expand what is possible.
Legal authorization to work in UK is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Please note that we do not accept agency candidate submissions without a formalised agreement with Wabtec Talent Acquisition. If you are an agency/third party Recruiter and have not been engaged by Wabtec for this search, we do not owe you a fee if you submit a candidate to the applicant tracking system that is ultimately hired.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.