Our Finance teams, don't just process numbers, it's about collecting vital information which informs decisions and drives our business. As such, it's at the heart of our commerciality.
We hold Finance in high regard as a pivotal driver in our continued success and performance, so if you enjoy working in a front-line, operational function where your work is highly valued and impacts visibly on our people and business, this could be your kind of place.
Reporting to the Finance Manager or Accountant, to facilitate the smooth handling of invoices.
You will be expected to:
- Process invoices (supply and sub-contractors) in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure accurate accounting for VAT, subcontractors tax and CITB payments as appropriate
- Match purchase orders to invoices and GRNs as appropriate
- Prepare and authorise invoices for payment taking into consideration Divisional cash flow requirements
- Labour only input as applicable
- Process utility bills and confirm meter readings
- Ensure all data entry is completed within deadlines
- Deal with queries from suppliers / subcontractors / divisional surveyors and accountants as and when required
- Liaise with site managers, suppliers, buyers to resolve invoice queries or to obtain missing documentation
- Assist with ad hoc analysis or other appropriate admin duties as and when required
- Carry out general administration, e.g. filing, photocopying, post handling
- Complete monthly statement reconciliations
- Preparation of new supplier account forms
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
What you'll need?
To be successful in the role,we are looking for:
- IT skills, with a sound working knowledge of MS Excel and relevant finance systems
- Numerate individual, with good organisation and administration skills
- Self-discipline, with good time management skills and the ability to manage a number of priorities
- Ability to multi-task, and work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Team player, supportive of departmental colleagues
- Professional and pleasant manner in dealing with internal and external customers
Our Company and Benefits
We've been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder since 2009 for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That's more than any other major housebuilder. It's because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
Barratt adopts a hybrid way of working which assumes that where roles allow, our office-based colleagues divide their time between working in the office, on our construction sites and sales offices, and working from home, as the role dictates. We recognise the many benefits that an effective hybrid working culture brings to both the Company and our colleagues.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance - Single Cover
- 26 days' holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years' continuous service up to 29 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies