You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you'll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that's unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you'll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact-every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company's success. Together, we'll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world's best customer experience every day. And we'll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous, quick thinkers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it's negotiating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year's financial plan, you can influence both our day-to-day P&L and the future direction of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a range of roles to grow your career. Find your place on #TeamAmex.
The GCS International Pricing Manager, based in London, is responsible for providing consultative pricing decision support to the Global Commercial Services (GCS) and International Card Services (ICS) businesses across International. The Manager will work with Account Management and Sales teams to structure local, regional, and global deals for existing clients and new prospects which drive long term profitable growth across the range of GCS/ICS products.
The successful candidate will work with the rest of the Pricing team & partner with GCS/ICS leadership to shape global pricing strategies, frameworks, revenue enhancing ideas and insightful analytics that aim to transform the contributions the Pricing team makes to the GCS/ICS organizations. The position is fast-paced, requiring a candidate who thrives in an energetic, client facing environment, excels at building business partner relationships.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Partner with the GCS/ICS Finance team to forecast the P&L impacts of pricing decisions as well as to deliver pricing frameworks that drive profit enhancing outcomes
- Partner with the GCS/ICS Business teams to evolve pricing policies and best practices on all customer needs segments aligning with new product launches and emerging competitive trends
- Work closely with GCO, Contracts, Controllership, Centre of Excellence and Ops Excellence on deal structures and pricing integrity
- Enhance and optimize regional pricing processes, capabilities and reporting in partnership with the global team to create additional resource capacity
- Support the business in client negotiations/meetings as required
- Extensive experience in Pricing
- Knowledge of the payments industry economics preferred
- Qualification; Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, CFA) or MBA preferable
- Coding and data modelling skillset preferred
- Progressive experience in pricing or business/financial analysis, or related discipline
- Strong commercial acumen and proven ability to build effective relationships with business partners, peers and key stakeholders
- Strong strategic decision making skills, with ability to assess key decision levers, make recommendations and balance shareholder and customer objectives
- Excellent financial analysis and problem solving skills, with ability to translate complex financial terms into key insights with linkages to business strategy and objectives
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.