Sunday 18 February 2024
£0 - £0
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Job Description Job Title:
Credit Risk Manager, Crown Dependencies Location:
Crown Dependencies (Jersey, Isle of Man & Guernsey)
Working Pattern: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or
40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
About this opportunity
Would you like to join a close-knit team dedicated to fostering personal growth and making a real impact for customers in the Crown Dependencies, while contributing to Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets' role in Helping Britain Prosper?
Credit Risk Crown Dependencies, a core team within LBCM Credit Risk, seeks a dynamic individual to play a pivotal role in overseeing critical credit risk functions for Consumer and Commercial lending portfolios across the business unit.
As the non-ring-fenced Bank subsidiary of Lloyds Banking Group, our team at Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plays a vital role in safeguarding the Crown Dependencies LBCM balance sheet. Employing an analytical approach you'll provide insight, coupled with effective credit risk management expertise, that leads to safe and sustainable growth. Many of our credit decisions directly influence life in the Crown Dependencies.
This position plays a pivotal role in driving credit management activities across our business, including:
- Collaborating with Risk and Business teams to shape credit strategy and appetite aligned with the agreed business objectives and credit framework.
- Utilising analytics to produce insightful information, ensuring responsible lending practices, and continuously enhancing credit strategies to optimise decisions for the benefit of our customers and the Bank.
- Strengthening oversight of lending books, proactively identifying and investigating key trends in both Consumer and Commercial portfolios.
- Recommending ongoing enhancements to credit oversight in close collaboration with Lloyds Group Shared Service, Relationship Managers, and Risk.
- Supporting Credit Transformation teams to integrate our credit portfolio management requirements into our new systems.
This opportunity is ideal for an ambitious, diligent individual capable of contributing value through technical expertise. The role involves proactive engagement with key stakeholders across various sections of the Business, effective communication to build positive relationships and influence decisions, and the ability to inspire change.
Key responsibilities include;
- Providing portfolio analysis across business divisions, presenting findings to influence key partners
- Managing relationships with the Group's Shared Service, the Business Intelligence responsible for data delivery, and our Finance teams
- Understanding the impact of policy changes on the front-line business, developing credit decisioning skills across Consumer, Commercial, and Blackhorse
- Overseeing the Crown Dependencies' lending portfolio, providing technical input to support growth ambitions.
If you think all banks are the same, you'd be wrong. We're an innovative, fast-changing business that's shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that's empowering its people to
innovate, explore possibilities, and grow with purpose.
What You'll Need:
- Well-organised individuals capable of managing their own workload while adapting to changing priorities.
- Analytical problem solvers with the ability to work creatively with data, extracting insights and addressing business questions.
- Proactive professional committed to personal development and collaboration, contributing to the positive culture of the wider team.
- Leadership skills to deliver change projects and initiatives, including diverse topics such as credit deep-dives, new product/sector strategies and operational improvements.
Additionally, the following would be beneficial but is not required:
- Prior experience in credit risk within a Consumer or Commercial banking environment
- Familiarity with the lending products, preferably gained across multiple client and business segments
- Knowledge or experience in SQL data/database, Power Query, Excel, Dax, and VBA coding
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So, if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
If you're excited by the thought of becoming part of our team, get in touch.
We'd love to hear from you!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.