This position is fully remote and home-based, Milton Keynes is where is based our headquarters.
About DHL and Corporate Tax:
DHL Group, the logistics provider of the world with over 580,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories. We are an organization that is not just moving goods around, we have a very clear purpose, and we are: Connecting People. Improving Lives. We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development; we recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the largest world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
The Corporate Tax department is responsible for all corporate income and indirect (transactional) tax matters within DHL. Global responsibilities are addressed by International Taxes and Indirect Taxes, whereas regional responsibilities are organized by area, led by Regional Heads.
Ready to immerse yourself in the exciting world of Corporate Tax? Join the team and bring your expertise on board! As part of DHL, you will be working with a global network of Corporate Tax colleagues and benefit from a wide range of development opportunities.
The UK Corporate Tax Specialist is responsible for providing UK corporation tax compliance, reporting, and advisory services.
- Preparing corporate tax computations and filing UK Corporation tax returns by the end of December each year.
- Timely provision of tax support to UK businesses in producing tax disclosures for inclusion in statutory accounts.
- Tax reporting of UK tax group figures to DPAG in Bonn and dealing with audit queries from Deloitte.
- Providing support to businesses on tax aspects of business projects and dealing with tax technical issues.
- Preparing transfer pricing reports for companies within scope using the Group's Transfer Pricing software tool.
- Managing internal queries regarding transfer pricing matters.
- Assisting with reviewing the UK Group's CFC, corporate interest restriction, and corporate loss position, making appropriate returns.
- Liaising with HMRC on issues as they arise and timely response to queries.
- Liaising with other tax colleagues in the worldwide group to deal with withholding tax issues, residency certificates, and US tax forms.
- Maintaining the Groups' internal reporting tool (ICON) for corporate tax for the group companies being managed as part of Internal Governance.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with colleagues in the businesses we support.
- Work with colleagues in the wider tax team.
- Build relationships and understand customer and key stakeholders' interests and concerns.
- Address task-related issues appropriately to maintain work relationships.
The UK Corporate Tax Specialist is an individual contributor without direct responsibility for leading others.
- Good tax technical skills in UK corporate tax and an awareness of international tax issues.
- Proactive and enthusiastic about developing tax career in a large and complex commercial organization.
- Strong Tax Technology skills or quick to pick these up.
- Good experience of transfer pricing issues affecting large corporates.
- Developing a good commercial awareness of the divisions.
- A good team player.
Qualifications & Key Requirements:
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree and professional accountancy/Tax qualification (ACA/ACCA and or CTA qualified).
- Experience Level: At least two years post professional qualification experience.
Please note that this is a draft and can be adjusted to better fit the specific needs and structure of your organization.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If this is something you would like to do, don't hesitate, and start your application.